U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-22-2009, 09:56 AM

5,054 posts, read 7,799,117 times
Star, that's wonderful news! Congrats. You certainly deserve the accolades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 AM

114 posts, read 166,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
when you get here, give me a holler and maybe I can help with that "portable job" as I do likewise...

I just got notified that I am one of the first group that has been selected to display in a rotating show at the community college in Bangor, being put on by the Maine Crafts Association.

Hey, Thanks, starwalker! And congrats! If you care to, I'd love to have you dm me with a link to your work?

Old 02-22-2009, 01:51 PM

2,712 posts, read 3,424,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reindeerlady View Post
Hey, Thanks, starwalker! And congrats! If you care to, I'd love to have you dm me with a link to your work?
Thank you! and look for that DM...

We are back in after an outing to deliver recipes for the microwave cupcake in a mug to a coworker at the corner store (she says her kiddos will enjoy this and I am sure they will) and to refill the kerosene jug, and to do our part for economic stimulus at the local, non-franchise hardware store. They have all the cooking stuff and small appliances on close out so I picked up a spatterware blancher, a smaller metal trash can for carrying the kitty litter to the back field (worked MUCH better, esp. on snowshoes!) and K bought me a inside/outside max/min thermometer, like I had been wanting. But we forgot AAA batteries, so I think I am going back out to get some. I want to play with my new toy! Oh, and some more potting mix so I can start the next batch of seeds and not run out..

Now, to wait for the snow, do some work on the websites and, in a bit, whomp up some enchiladas and peanut butter cookies!

Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 815,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Some parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway are closed until April because the road is not plowed or salted in the winter. If you want to DM me your route, I'll be happy to suggest an easier and just as senic a route. I'm in West Virginia and I'm thinking you might go through a little of WV on your way unless you're coming up from Tennessee into Virginia.
We would appreciate the advice, Corgis. We thought some of it might be closed this time of year. I grew up in the Blue Ridge foothills, and if there was snow, it was always in the higher elevations. Some advice on the best routes from Front Royal up post New York and other congested areas would be great. Look for the DM.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 815,012 times
Cool, on the news about the show, starwalker. What kind of show is it? I ask because my daughter is an artist and gets very excited this time of year because they begin having the art showings in her area.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:45 PM

2,712 posts, read 3,424,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper1212 View Post
Cool, on the news about the show, starwalker. What kind of show is it? I ask because my daughter is an artist and gets very excited this time of year because they begin having the art showings in her area.
It is a permanent display of rotating examples of works by member of the Maine Crafts Association, This will be the initial display. The promo about the project in the group newsletter said "As part of MCA's partnership with Eastern Maine Community College in establishing the new degree program in Traditional and Contemporary Craft, we have arranged to create a permanent display of work by MCA members in a large museum display case on the EMCC Bangor campus in Maine Hall. MCA's staff will maintain the display, changing the exhibited works on a regular basis, approximately once each semester."

Old 02-22-2009, 03:51 PM

568 posts, read 922,919 times
Congratulations Star! Good for you.
Could you dm me the cupcake in a mug recipe? I am thinking my grandkids might love something like this.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:17 PM

7,392 posts, read 8,189,384 times
Congratulations Star! I'm very happy for you!

and actually, if you don't mind I'd like the recipe too! lol....

Old 02-22-2009, 04:30 PM

5,054 posts, read 7,799,117 times
What happened to our recipe thread? Maybe you could do a mass email!

Old 02-22-2009, 04:52 PM

21,465 posts, read 26,848,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
when you get here, give me a holler and maybe I can help with that "portable job" as I do likewise...

I just got notified that I am one of the first group that has been selected to display in a rotating show at the community college in Bangor, being put on by the Maine Crafts Association.
Woo Hoo!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine