Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,033,801 times

Advertisements

Hoping the rain/sleet misses the Bangor area, that will just make a mess.

I must confess, it was *I* who ordered the snow for this Winter. Ma Nature said she was more than happy to do it, because she thinks Al Gore is an ******* too.

Drive carefully, don't let idiots push you into going faster than you should. I left out of Carmel around 8 or 9 Sunday night with several inches of fresh snow already on the streets, it took me almost an hour to get to Newport.

When I finally got to the highway I poked along at about 30, several fools rode my bumper, then passed me. I caught up with two of them later, south of Newport- a white pick-up on it's side off to the right of the highway, and a little red car on it's roof in the median a few more miles south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 AM

333 posts, read 870,492 times
Been watching the ice pellets bounce off my a/c unit, sounds like bird-shot hitting the metal.
Don't imagine I'll sell much grass seed today.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 AM

47,927 posts, read 21,914,544 times
I just have to say I, for one, hate it when someone takes a thread off topic by interjecting some highly subjective opinion about a public figure. Al Gore is recognized around the world for his contributions. It matters little what someone on the Maine forum thinks or how crudely he chooses to express it. I won't be taken off topic to respond to the scurrilous remarks. But hope we get back to talking about Maine in a manner that is befitting the state and its people

Last edited by elston; 02-13-2008 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: trying to be nice and respectful of all concerned.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 AM

12,082 posts, read 38,752,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbets View Post
Been watching the ice pellets bounce off my a/c unit, sounds like bird-shot hitting the metal.
Don't imagine I'll sell much grass seed today.
You mean it WON'T take with 3' of snow on the ground???

Well great, there goes my plans for this week-end. LOL Guess I just go sledding then. Darn the bad luck.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,033,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I just have to say I, for one, hate it when someone takes a thread off topic by interjecting some highly subjective opinion about a public figure. Al Gore is recognized around the world for his contributions. It matters little what someone on the Maine forum thinks or how crudely he chooses to express it. I won't be taken off topic to respond to the scurrilous remarks. But hope we get back to talking about Maine in a manner that is befitting the state and its people
AG was a side-comment, the main topic was the weather. *You* have now taken it off-topic. Major publications poke fun at political figures with cartoons and I did it with words... and I put *** and not a word so people can fill in any word they like. If your word was crude, what can I say? That's the difference between innuendo and in-your-face.

I like the snow just fine. It can be tough to drive in, but that's OK.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:00 AM

47,927 posts, read 21,914,544 times
I like snow just fine but will have to re learn how to drive in it once I get to Maine; or look into some nordic walking poles.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:17 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,586,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
Today in AZ it was 77, I ran my air conditioning....that just isn't right
Now wait a minute... you turned the air conditioner on because it was 77 out? When I was in FL, I kept my thermostat on 80* in the summer and 65* in the winter. For the first 20 years there, I lived in a house with no air conditioning and no insulation.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:01 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,481,109 times
Hummm....I recall turning on the AC in Florida when it was 77, but the humidity was like 94%. I am surprised that AZ would be warm at 77 with less than 20% humidity, unless it was raining.
But, I get warm in any temperature above 80. In fact, we didn't use much heat this winter in Florida. When the house temperature cooled to 60, we did turn the heat on a bit, but slept without heat. Built a fire in the fireplace a few nights.

BTW, the storm you guys are getting is supposed to get us here in Florida down to 31 tonight, if you can believe the weather prognosticator. Personally, I bet we won't even see the 30's.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:34 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,058,881 times
I stayed in and made "suppah" while the crew went out and shoveled the slush....and it's still pouring out there! but I don't think the temp has begun to drop yet--maybe they're wrong?? (she says with crossed fingers....)

Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 PM

6,620 posts, read 13,481,706 times
It's starting to drop here now. We got 6" of snow before it turned to rain. Rt 1 was terrible at 5:30 pm. I hope there's school tomorrow. They're up to June 13 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine