Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:31 PM

51 posts, read 64,438 times

Advertisements

So, since reliable dispensary information is currently difficult to find on the 'Net, I must ask: Is there at least one dispensary (hopefully more than one for competition's sake) in Presque Isle? Are there any dispensaries in Brunswick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 02:57 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
This might be helpful. Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Maine

Old 10-17-2016, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Yeah, that seems to be for the "Wellness Connection" dispensaries only. They only list their stores, and it seems awfully inconsiderate of them not to name their competitors. I just can't imagine why they would withhold such information. . ..

You'd think Health and Human Services (or the like) in Maine would list all the commercial dispensaries that have licenses with them. I found a Maine state government page listing a few dispensaries that had received licenses and some other planned dispensaries that were supposed to get some in the future, but it looked like an outdated page with old information.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:52 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyn4Maine View Post
Yeah, that seems to be for the "Wellness Connection" dispensaries only. They only list their stores, and it seems awfully inconsiderate of them not to name their competitors. I just can't imagine why they would withhold such information. . ..
Can't imagine why they'd advertise for their competitors.

Quote:
You'd think Health and Human Services (or the like) in Maine would list all the commercial dispensaries that have licenses with them. I found a Maine state government page listing a few dispensaries that had received licenses and some other planned dispensaries that were supposed to get some in the future, but it looked like an outdated page with old information.
All of the links in the pdf I found on the state's website work.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
All of the links in the pdf I found on the state's website work.
There were only about eight of them for all of Maine on the page I saw, and half of those weren't yet operating.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:21 PM

Yeah, I kind of like Brunswick, but I sure do want to move further north. I wish I could set Brunswick where Presque Isle is, for PI seems to be a great geographical location, but I can't yet be sure of its proclivities regarding its citizens being able to live a life of relative freedom concerning cannabis.

The best info I've found on finding existing dispensaries is here (type a zip code in and the page will show the listed dispensaries closest to you): https://weedmaps.com/earth/us/me/brunswick/04011

Old 10-17-2016, 09:26 PM

536 posts, read 845,082 times
Bath, ME is quite close to Brunswick--20 minutes or so in good weather? It's a town of about 8500, with higher taxes than might be expected, as they have a major employer, Bath Iron Works, builder of ships. Some of the prettiest houses I've seen online in my budget have been in Bath. But there is crime here and there, quite a bit for such a small town.

West Bath (I am just talking about internet real estate listings, I don't know it personally), seems to be lake-y and rural and very pretty, and of course it is still close to medical care and a dispensary. Prices very reasonable. I don't know about the taxes, though. Some towns are just very highly taxed for the minimal services they offer--it could be replacing infrastructure or something like that, I suppose.

I tried to look into your question about the options and availability of dispensaries, but my goodness, Maine's lips are almost sealed to a straightforward search. Couldn't find much that hasn't already been seen on here. Portland is 45 minutes or so from Brunswick, and there must be a larger group of dispensaries there, but I only found two and they were on lists already posted here, I think by Gwyn the OP.

I am not pushing southern and mid-coast Maine out of some sense it is the best region going. It's just where I've visited most often, so I know it a little better. I've never been north much of where my sister is at mid-coast. Presque Isle sounds great, too.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:02 PM

You've been very helpful in my search, ladyalicemore, thank you. Bath, or in between there and Brunswick, sounds close enough to my kind of place, but I'm wondering about the iron works manufacturing: How long has it been there? Was it there during a time when environmental protections weren't in place? Has the local water table been contaminated with heavy metals?

West Bath is even closer to Brunswick AND it's "lake-y and pretty"? I'll have to see how close it is to the Iron Works plant.

Yes, I guess with both the rec cannabis question in the November election and the feds having yet to eradicate cannabis prohibition in the balance, current dispensary location information and such is being kept low-key.

As long as I don't get swallowed up in too populated of an area in either the southern or mid-coastal regions, those parts of Maine may be among the best options for me.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:36 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyn4Maine View Post
You've been very helpful in my search, ladyalicemore, thank you. Bath, or in between there and Brunswick, sounds close enough to my kind of place, but I'm wondering about the iron works manufacturing: How long has it been there? Was it there during a time when environmental protections weren't in place? Has the local water table been contaminated with heavy metals?

West Bath is even closer to Brunswick AND it's "lake-y and pretty"? I'll have to see how close it is to the Iron Works plant.

Yes, I guess with both the rec cannabis question in the November election and the feds having yet to eradicate cannabis prohibition in the balance, current dispensary location information and such is being kept low-key.

As long as I don't get swallowed up in too populated of an area in either the southern or mid-coastal regions, those parts of Maine may be among the best options for me.

Bath Iron Works has been in production since 1884 - no environmental rules in place back then and not until the 1950's or 60's. I know nothing about weed, whether medicinal or recreational so I can't really respond to it.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:57 AM

1,884 posts, read 2,895,216 times
A big reason why property taxes are high in Maine is because property taxes are a major source of funding for the school systems. I would think the taxes that BIW pays would make the residential property taxes lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine