U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:00 AM

454 posts, read 531,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Some how this is not coming out the right way.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Have a wonderful day.
I didn't really take offense, Forest!

I was just teasing you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 10:51 AM

8,748 posts, read 10,948,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
I read in the BDN this morning, online of course, that ice caused one power pole to break in half and another one to crack on Route 190 in Pleasant Point. Route 190 is the only way on or off Moose Island where Eastport is and the Bangor Hydro people were there really quickly and got it fixed but the officials were afraid that it might turn into another 1998 event so they closed schools and came close to closing off Route 190 on the causeways.
It looks like we dodged a bullet. I'm glad it didn't linger. I'd hate to go through the '98 thing again.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:11 AM

2,712 posts, read 3,370,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I guess I was a bit cranky in my earlier post on this thread.....my past experience of slipping on an icy driveway and knocking myself out and lying unattended and unseen...gave a totally different perspective. I am over that now and able to see the fall in the way Charlie Chaplin portrayed falls.....harmless, human and funny!
Yeah that would tend to change your view of things... My OB/GYN when I was in WI had a similar experience, though he was out running at the time, in the late afternoon one winters day. When he came to, it was dark and there was snow falling on his face.

He gave up winter running and joined a gym... and having learned from his experience I stick to a slow hobble with the dog when we have to go out on ice, though I have been told I "fall well" and have pulled off some major ones with little damage to anything other than my pride, which was pretty battered to start with.

Neither of you broke anything, for which we can all be glad.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:05 PM

453 posts, read 793,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
If no one is around, and you fall on your butt because the driveway is like a glass bottle......do you make a noise?

I'm chagrined to report that you do.
Each time.
Oh Yes!!!! you make alot of noises...mostly things that can't be printed here.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:21 PM

10,129 posts, read 9,737,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
Ok, so first you tell me I'm bouncy....now I got junk in the trunk too??!!
You charmer, you!
lol, im sure mr forest didnt mean anything by his comment.

sometimes i have to edit my posts,,,because my intent was a harmless chuckle, but it may not come across that way

Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 AM

5,826 posts, read 5,853,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
sometimes i have to edit my posts,,,because my intent was a harmless chuckle, but it may not come across that way
I'm still smitten that you think women are for all to enjoy. Not an exact quote, but I liked it just fine.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:49 AM

5,054 posts, read 7,689,518 times
Wow! Looks like I missed a good one!! Not having a clue what you're all talking about, let me just say that it's always nice to know that regardless of what men think, WE hold the key! Of course, we let them think whatever they want!

And, nope, no ice here! We keep fluctuating between 40 and 75! Rain and sun.....depends on the day..........and the hour............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine