Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 04:41 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times

Advertisements

Once a singer, always a singer You've all ready hit your year anniversary MBM! Congratulations on that!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 04:45 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
[quote=mollysmiles;3076485]Once a singer, always a singer You've all ready hit your year anniversary MBM! Congratulations on that!! [/QUOTE

yep,,,im gettin a bit long in the ....tooth

time flies,,,in this place

Old 03-08-2008, 05:34 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,642 times
CD is unique. Where I work, forums are blocked, however, CD is not, BECAUSE, it has so much demographic information about the whole country. I work in the school system, and the students use CD in several subject areas. It isn't even classified as entertainment (computer geek wise), so I know they have never read it or they certainly would have considered it entertainment! "They" is the computer police.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:59 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,876,806 times
I can't remember when I found this wonderful place, I'll have to go look. We are a chatty group, aren't we? I hope that never changes. Whenever I need my fix from home (almost every day), I come right here and see what everyone is up to.

Just went and looked. I've been here 16 months.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:00 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,390,918 times
Thanks for your kind and interesting responses to my weird observation.I like the activity here and the numbers are high because of so much positive feedback. Other 2 and 4 wheeled forums that I'm on are active like this one too. But I find I don't have the time to read and post in all of them. Just this Maine forum lately. It's because I miss my family in Maine and am trying to find my way back there to live soon. I'm trying to connect in some way with my old family roots that are inside of me somewhere. From a long spell in the west coast. At least through this site, I feel like I'm getting some virtual roots. And I understand a lot more about many things now that will help me greatly when I move back there. Just in the last month, I've learned and saved information from the Maine forum about building, shopping, tax considerations, energy, internet services, tires, the seasons and renting. Thank you all very much.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times
BacktoNE, happy belated one year anniversary! and RMoore it's nice to have you here

Old 03-08-2008, 09:32 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Drove by Parsons Landing Road a few days back,..

Old 03-08-2008, 10:05 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
I stumbled on to this forum by accident. Having posted in some other forums I first tried to be a bit controversial or contrary with my posts. That approach went over like the proverbial lead balloon. I saw passion and real friendship in the people here and also saw how they distanced themselves from "slob" posters. I realized taunting and teasing wasn't going to fly with these folks so I remained quiet for a while. It was then I decided to use the novel approach of "being myself"! Sure I like to joke around, though if I take it too far I'm not afraid to admit it and I will quickly apologize. Joking is good as long as no one gets their feelings hurt. Folks here will give you the benefit of the doubt before they jump all over you. They know that not everyone is a wordsmith and may have difficulty putting into words what it is they are feeling. When you get your ducks in a row and people understand the point you were trying to make you will get both positive and negative comments to your posts. Everyone likes to be praised. Though we also learn a great deal from those with whom we disagree ...sometimes passionately. Passion is great when it is absent malice. People here are not malicious.They are quite genuine, caring, and try their best to be helpful. After you have been here a while it's hard to dismiss a comment from someone with "reputation beyond repute". A person with a distinguished reputation here won't engage in petty arguments and cat fights so don't try to egg them into one. If they make a negative comment to you ...take it as a lesson. If they praise you ...treasure it. Sure you can be negative, just don't attack members on a personal level. You can post anti-Maine feelings and observations. But don't expect a lot of people agreeing with you. Just remember that despite Maine's faults, which we all understand, we really do share a deep love for this State and a real understanding of what an individual goes through to live here on a day to day basis. Therein lies the value of the remarkable people who frequent this forum and is probably City-Data's real intent when envisioning this forum in the first place.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:18 PM

474 posts, read 1,417,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I stumbled on to this forum by accident. Having posted in some other forums I first tried to be a bit controversial or contrary with my posts. That approach went over like the proverbial lead balloon. I saw passion and real friendship in the people here and also saw how they distanced themselves from "slob" posters. I realized taunting and teasing wasn't going to fly with these folks so I remained quiet for a while. It was then I decided to use the novel approach of "being myself"! Sure I like to joke around, though if I take it too far I'm not afraid to admit it and I will quickly apologize. Joking is good as long as no one gets their feelings hurt. Folks here will give you the benefit of the doubt before they jump all over you. They know that not everyone is a wordsmith and may have difficulty putting into words what it is they are feeling. When you get your ducks in a row and people understand the point you were trying to make you will get both positive and negative comments to your posts. Everyone likes to be praised. Though we also learn a great deal from those with whom we disagree ...sometimes passionately. Passion is great when it is absent malice. People here are not malicious.They are quite genuine, caring, and try their best to be helpful. After you have been here a while it's hard to dismiss a comment from someone with "reputation beyond repute". A person with a distinguished reputation here won't engage in petty arguments and cat fights so don't try to egg them into one. If they make a negative comment to you ...take it as a lesson. If they praise you ...treasure it. Sure you can be negative, just don't attack members on a personal level. You can post anti-Maine feelings and observations. But don't expect a lot of people agreeing with you. Just remember that despite Maine's faults, which we all understand, we really do share a deep love for this State and a real understanding of what an individual goes through to live here on a day to day basis. Therein lies the value of the remarkable people who frequent this forum and is probably City-Data's real intent when envisioning this forum in the first place.
WOW! I'm impressed. Not only are you a night owl BUT your brain seems to go into overdrive after mid-night. Very very good post.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
excellant post,... I have to "spread it around some"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: