Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 PM

48 posts, read 101,723 times

Advertisements

at last ... it seems. I'm almost afraid to breathe more easily, but today was a very good day ... the best I believe, since my accident and the loss of my darling Mandy.

Speaking of the sweet little sea poodle, I picked up her ashes today from the vet hospital here in Belfast. While that event was not without tears, the hospital staff was very kind and sympathetic; they even said they'd be on the lookout for a new small poodle for me.

I had rented wheels today so got to go pick up a few groceries and sundries and then took a couple of "bad" book gifts back to Borders at the Bangor Mall. Replaced them with a book about Andrew Wyeth. Then came back to Belfast and the Dockside for amazing scallop stew and sweet potato fries. I'm feeling the wellfed snoozies right now and suspect I shan't be long from la boudoir after I finish this.

I also applied for a couple of jobs today. Although I have a Master's degree in library science and I've taught English and writing for years and I also am a certified paralegal, I don't have to be doing any of that. I'd take any job offered right now, just to get out of the house and get a little money coming in. If any of you dear folks know or hear of anything, do let me know.

While I certainly don't want anyone to think I'm overdoing the thank yous, I do want you all to know how very deeply your kindness and concern have moved me these past days and weeks. I honestly don't know if I could have gotten through them without you; at the very least, it would have been much more difficult.

With hope, love, and peace,

Stephen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 08:24 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,876,281 times
I'm glad you are feeling better today Stephen. I hope that each day will now be easier for you, and that you find what you are looking for in the job market as well.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
I wish you all the best the world has to offer, I hope everything continues to improve.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:28 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,752,746 times
Best wishes to you, stephen.

The world always looks better after eating scallop stew and reading a good book about paintings of Andrew Wyeth.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:41 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Take it easy.

May God bless you.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:57 AM

259 posts, read 703,847 times
I am glad things are starting to look up for you! Take care!!

Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 PM

Default Another good day ...

Lovely sprung-ahead services at Searsport Congregational. Then lunch and a nap; then a brief excursion to the used bookstore just outside of Belfast for a bit of browsing; then back to wonderful Reny's and a bit more browsing and a Torani soda at Mr. Paperback/Bell the Cat. Then home and a bit of writing, which, thank God, is once again coming easily and steadily. Now, some correspondance and then reading and, if there's anything watchable, a tad TV.

If every Sunday for the rest of my life could be as genteel, cordial, and utterly and pleasantly mundane, I'll be a content and happy man. But of course, that's not particularly realistic, but I'm trying very hard to keep the bad at bay.

Praying for peace and ease for you all, the World, and, not least, for myself.

Stephen

Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,960 times
Stephen,
If I've learned nothing else through all the trials and tribulations of life, I've learned that no matter how bad things may seem to be, there's always better times ahead. I've lost some people and pets that were very dear to me, and had ups and downs of other kinds like everyone else. But there are people out there who would benefit from your help and kindness, and other pets who desperately need good homes. None of us can ever go back to what was. Thank goodness, perhaps! We live and learn to appreciate good health when we have it, the beauty of nature where we can, and grow wiser if we're lucky. Hang in there and strive to have faith in each day, no matter what. There's always something joyful coming your way in time!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:03 PM

263 posts, read 616,377 times
Stephen,

I love reading your posts. I can visualize all the places you mention and it brings a piece of home to me. Thank you. How did you like the used book store? You might run into my mom at Reny's one of these days. She shops there all the time.

So glad that things are better and pray it stays that way. Have fun discovering your new town and I will be there is 76 days

Old 03-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Default Yet another good day, although ...

it's somewhat disheartening to learn that there are a lot of folks who are really struggling not just economically, but with their social relationships as well.

I had the most wonderful meeting this morning with the Rev. Dr. Arlin Lawson of the Searsport Congregational Church. Since I was in the eighth grade, I've felt a very strong attraction to the spiritual side of life. I've been told by three different Catholic priests that they believed I had a vocation. While I agree, I've just not quite found the right fit. Dr. Lawson gave me some ideas to explore that may help with this.

I also got to visit with my dear new friend Peter at the Belfast Harbor Inn. Then, I went to the public library and a brief trip to Hannaford's. Just now had a lovely long dinnertime phone conversation with my friend Sheryl in Cincinnati.

It was a good day.

Stephen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine