Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 06:15 AM

221 posts, read 243,168 times

Advertisements

we ended up on only 3 acres in Berwick. I would have really like more land but we are surrounded by another 30 acres of forested land so that nice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,695,165 times
Congrats to you.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:25 AM

226 posts, read 302,997 times
Is that a new build? If so, which builder did you use and are you happy with them? Feel free to PM me if you don't want your comments to be public.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:46 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,426,863 times
Congrats! Nice looking house. Berwick is definitely advantageous for you from a commuting perspective.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:29 AM

221 posts, read 243,168 times
The house was built in 2013, we bought it from the second owners. the first owners were the ones who had it built. I have all the original build documents so Im sure I can find the name of the builder.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:18 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
When I was shopping for land, I used a Buyer's agent. That helped some.

I was shocked by how many realtors will list a property on the MLS, having never stepped foot on the property themselves.

I did not feel comfortable reviewing properties without walking the property lines myself and inspecting crawlspaces myself.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:29 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
That will help. A buyer went into an office and inquired about a land listing. The buyer wanted to know if it was possible to put a camper trailer on the land. "Not sure." Well, is it up hill or down hill from the road? "Not sure." Turns out that the agent just had a white piece of paper with a rectangle on it and the map and lot number. Agent asks if the customer was going to go out and look at it. He was.

"Well, here. Put up a sign while you are out there." The customer was from Florida and had never been to Maine. How was this guy going to find that lot? The customer walked out and headed away from that office as fast as he could.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:40 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,695,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
That will help. A buyer went into an office and inquired about a land listing. The buyer wanted to know if it was possible to put a camper trailer on the land. "Not sure." Well, is it up hill or down hill from the road? "Not sure." Turns out that the agent just had a white piece of paper with a rectangle on it and the map and lot number. Agent asks if the customer was going to go out and look at it. He was.

"Well, here. Put up a sign while you are out there." The customer was from Florida and had never been to Maine. How was this guy going to find that lot? The customer walked out and headed away from that office as fast as he could.
Good post. My issue is I see many potential lots but, for the time being, can only make it to Maine a couple times a year being out of state and a good 13 hr drive or plane ride. One in particular is interesting me now but sad I can't do anything. Buying sight unseen is not advisable I'm sure, even with a buyers agent. Or is it?

Old 10-30-2017, 12:53 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Good post. My issue is I see many potential lots but, for the time being, can only make it to Maine a couple times a year being out of state and a good 13 hr drive or plane ride. One in particular is interesting me now but sad I can't do anything. Buying sight unseen is not advisable I'm sure, even with a buyers agent. Or is it?
We used to have a regular poster here named Starwalker. She moved to Maine from NC. Before she moved, she asked me to look over a couple homes that were on the market.

Housewarming (Bangor area)

If you had a place in mind, you could post it and see if anyone lives near it. So going by would not be a huge detour.

Starwalker ended up renting a place in Milo, then once she was settled, they began exploring Maine and they found a permanent home in Corinth.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:48 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
Hey Sub, Send Zale my contact info. I used up all my PMs. Maybe it will reset on January 1 or something. I don't see any place to delete sent messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine