U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-15-2008, 08:38 AM

7,378 posts, read 8,061,681 times
It did!! Yes, I think that would be a great thing to do.....good idea!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 10:01 AM

8,748 posts, read 10,938,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
LOL! Warm? ... warm is good. Much better than cool, which is okay too... just not in the same way as warm...
Not quite Hot...Warm!

Old 03-25-2008, 08:20 AM

6,175 posts, read 4,705,895 times
There was another article about filming in Eastport with more details in the Friday edition of the Bangor Daily News:

Independent film to be shot in Eastport (http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/t/lifestyle.aspx?articleid=161887&zoneid=14 - broken link)

Old 03-27-2008, 06:44 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,967,724 times
Smile Yeah, for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Just caught this on one of the news websites I watch. Bet it'll be a lot of fun.

"Eastport has caught the eye of another film production company.

Eastport City Manager George "Bud" Finch confirmed Wednesday that the city has been chosen as the site for the filming of a movie.

"It's a small movie in terms of Oscars and the like, but it's great for us," Finch told WQDY News. "The project is being coordinated by James Stiles, a writer/ director who has been involved with the Maine Film Commission for a number of years. The filming is expected to start in late April and run from 4 to 6 weeks with a local casting call for folks on both sides of the camera."

Finch said he expects more information to follow as the final details are put together.

The project will provide some excitement and a boost to the local economy.

"It brings economic dollars that typically would not be spent in this area. Even on the basis of the smaller scope of movie, the investment in the area will translate into the economic opportunity; employment, housing and the likes. Two-hundred fifty to five-hundred-thousand dollars of new money in a community translates into a million-and-a-half, two-million dollars as it changes from one business to another. The restaurants will serve food, they've got to buy from the local grocery store.... it's really good," Finch said.

This isn't the first time Eastport has made the screen. The 1960 movie "Sunrise At Campobello" was partially filmed on location in Campobello and Eastport. In 2001, the FOX reality TV series, "Murder in Small Town X" was filmed primarily in Eastport. The city took the name "Sunrise" in the series. The larger than life "Fisherman" statue still commands a presence on the waterfront.

"Locally, we learned a lot about working with movie producers during the filming of the television series, [Murder in Small Town X] in 2001," Finch said.

"We plan to utilize this experience to strengthen our position as a place where films could be produced. Typically, Eastport is a great small town-coastal community and when that's the foundation for a story such as this, which is going to be a murder mystery, it's a perfect fit and and it could be a new part to our economy," Finch said. "

That's great!
I always miss the news for WQDY, and miss this. I also got to meet some of the people involved in Murder in Small Town X. It was a great experience, and I also enjoyed watching because most of the time, we were all sitting around the television saying " Oh that's ... and that looks like...
It was alot of fun.
If you hear more about it, I loved to be kept posted.
Thanks,
Tami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine