Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the media is too intrusive in celebrities personal lives
Yes 23 88.46%
No 3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:27 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer61 View Post
Don McLean's wife is a photographer who approached me in a Camden store to take pictures of my daughter. We went to their house where he would yell "hello" downstairs to me. We would have conversations like that. I thought it was a little strange, but didn't even realize who he was until about 3 weeks later!
If it takes three weeks to figure out they are "famous" they're not too famous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 AM

12,420 posts, read 3,231,835 times
hahahh...it just never registered. I never made the connection by the last name. The photos came out beautiful, though, so that was good.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:56 PM

1,920 posts, read 4,320,643 times
I'm sure its here, but with 11 pages I'm not going to search through it(I might have even posted it before myself). There is a story that lives in MDI about Martha Steward who has a house in Northeast Harbor.

Martha was in the post office in Bar Harbor, and got impatient about the person two people in front taking so much time. Since she is so very arrogant all the time, she butted in line two people up and got in the front. The clerk said, "It not your turn, go back to where you were." At which point she said, "Do you know who I am? I'm Martha Stewart, and I shouldn't have to wait in line."
At which point she was tapped on the shoulder by some behind her. She turns and he says, "Do you know who I am?" Martha says, "Nooo...." haughtily. And he says, "My name name is David Rockefeller, and I wait in line just like everybody else."

Since David does live on the island for about a month every summer, and his ex-wife Sydney Roberts Rockefeller's main house is there(just an average everyday house by the way), I did find that this never happened. But when asked about it, David did say: "No I never did do that, but I sure would have if the opportunity ever presented itself." That made the story even better to know that it actually could have happened.

I do have two friends on-island who were bicycling on a carriage trail, and came upon something that MS was filming. They were careful to be quiet and try to move around it. Martha did in fact turn to them and say,"Can't you see I'm filing here? Go away!" That story is real.

Zarathu

Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,232 times
Default Martha

I watched David Letterman one night when she was on (after the whole chauffeur who turned around in her driveway controversy).

They were discussing something along the lines of why the guy wasn't in some sort of violation of the law, etc...

She said that it's "hard to get laws changed up there."

Ya 'spose there's a reason for that? It's called, "If you look down your nose at us, expect us to A. not like you and B. tell you to go "plump flyin'" when you want to make life a little more difficult for the locals.

Stephen King goes anywhere he wants and is most generally left completely alone. Know why? Because he knows he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine