Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:31 PM

513 posts, read 896,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Emler View Post
Say hello to your next immigrant.

After almost deciding to move to Alaska I've decided to live in Maine instead.

I lived in Bangor last fall and I got to see your first two Nor'easters before I left. I was a traveling Nurse at the hospital there.

I must say I fell in love with your state. The hospital is nice too and the people in Maine are.....well....a lot nicer than here in Ohio (generally speaking). Not that there aren't nice people in Ohio (me for one). Overall, however, I prefer the Maine ratio better than the Ohio ratio.

Anyway, I'm coming up your way in June to take a permanent position at the Hospital. I'm planning on doing a LOT of fishing.

QUESTION:

The rent in Bangor is ridiculously high. I want to get out of Bangor into a smaller municipality and get out into the country a little. Does anyone know of a small place for a single man and a dog? I'll have visitors so a two bedroom is essential.

Also would like a yard large enough for a garden and off by itself a bit so the dog won't disturb neighbors if he barks (and their dog's bark doesn't disturb me).

If you REALLY want to fulfill a pipe dream hook me up with a place close to a nice lake to fish in.

Welcome to Maine! Thank you for choosing us, I am sure you will love it here. There are some areas around Bangor that may be more reasonable as far as rent is concerned. Have you tried Hampden? It's a nice little town right next to Bangor. The rents may be more affordable there. Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 06:22 PM

182 posts, read 490,864 times
Friend of ours is renting a house in Jackson. They own dogs so maybe their landlord owns other property? I'll check with them and see what they know.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:00 PM

68 posts, read 183,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesnowflake View Post
Welcome to Maine! Thank you for choosing us, I am sure you will love it here. There are some areas around Bangor that may be more reasonable as far as rent is concerned. Have you tried Hampden? It's a nice little town right next to Bangor. The rents may be more affordable there. Good Luck
Thank you for the welcome!

I have never felt more at home, away from home, than when I was in Bangor.

If you know someone with a suitable rental please refer them.

Jeff

Old 04-12-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringselpup View Post
Friend of ours is renting a house in Jackson. They own dogs so maybe their landlord owns other property? I'll check with them and see what they know.
You have my email address. Please do!!

I'm looking at wrapping up my affairs here in about 6 weeks.

Jeff

Old 04-13-2008, 06:55 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,538 times
Quote:
Say hello to your next immigrant.

After almost deciding to move to Alaska I've decided to live in Maine instead.

I lived in Bangor last fall and I got to see your first two Nor'easters before I left. I was a traveling Nurse at the hospital there.

I must say I fell in love with your state. The hospital is nice too and the people in Maine are.....well....a lot nicer than here in Ohio (generally speaking). Not that there aren't nice people in Ohio (me for one). Overall, however, I prefer the Maine ratio better than the Ohio ratio.

Anyway, I'm coming up your way in June to take a permanent position at the Hospital. I'm planning on doing a LOT of fishing.

QUESTION:

The rent in Bangor is ridiculously high. I want to get out of Bangor into a smaller municipality and get out into the country a little. Does anyone know of a small place for a single man and a dog? I'll have visitors so a two bedroom is essential.

Also would like a yard large enough for a garden and off by itself a bit so the dog won't disturb neighbors if he barks (and their dog's bark doesn't disturb me).

If you REALLY want to fulfill a pipe dream hook me up with a place close to a nice lake to fish in.
My ideal Maine place would be a 4 hour drive, but I wonder how close we are to you now... we will get outta Ohio as soon as the kid finishes at Wright State and we can get enough $$$ socked away.

Welcome to the forums and if I might ask, where are you in Ohio?

Old 04-13-2008, 09:17 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,956 times
Jeff, I'm so thrilled for you! Good luck with the move.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
My ideal Maine place would be a 4 hour drive, but I wonder how close we are to you now... we will get outta Ohio as soon as the kid finishes at Wright State and we can get enough $$$ socked away.

Welcome to the forums and if I might ask, where are you in Ohio?
I'm with my Mom in Newark. My house in in Zanesville.

The ball and chain had me kicked out of MY house so this 50 year old man had to move in with his mother.

Actually it's been a good thing. Mom and I have become closer and she'll probably come to Maine for visits!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
You have my email address. Please do!!

I'm looking at wrapping up my affairs here in about 6 weeks.

Jeff
I emailed my friend. Lets see what they say.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:57 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,148 times
Quote:
I'm with my Mom in Newark. My house in in Zanesville.

The ball and chain had me kicked out of MY house so this 50 year old man had to move in with his mother.

Actually it's been a good thing. Mom and I have become closer and she'll probably come to Maine for visits!
I am sorry to hear of your separation and such but it seems that much good may be coming of it!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:02 PM

Jeff, bummer the landlord only owns this one property that is currently occupied by my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine