Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:08 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,373,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
as some of you no im a truck driver.
20 years ago i jumped in a truck and fell in love.
right out of 3 years of collage a degre i have never used.
i drove for my unc&aunt for 2 years then i met the love of my life.
for 17 years she has been by my side gave me 5 wonderfull kids and never complaind.14 years ago i asked her about buying a truck .
her words to me wher. i trust you to provide for me if you can make it work then im with you. i never realy thought about them words untill last friday when i got home.i told her we need to talk after supper we had pasta.
she said i all ready no what you want to talk about.she said i can read you like a book. i see the worry on your face every time you tally up the fuel recp. i told her i wanted to sell the truck with the trailer.and this time she didnt say im behind you.this time she said i think its best .at fuel prices today
i was staying out 3 or 4 weeks at a time.so today a young man and his dad stoped by to look at my truck.looked it all over and said we will be back later.
i thought to my self ya right.they come back a cpl hrs later with a bank check.as i watched my life drive away my wife grabed my hand and said .
dont worry i trust you to provide for me and the kids.its been a hard cpl days but i think we will be ok.
Hi Ranger, I am sorry to hear of this. My son in Ohio just sold his truck a few weeks ago. He too loved his job but the fuel costs were eating up the profits. Total that with a large truck payment and insurance, and he just was not making enough. I know it was a relief for him to sell, but I also know it was his dream job. He was traveling across country last year and made a decent wage but no longer. He is now trying to find a decent job. Your hands were basically tied with this decision, as is with all truckers now. Best of luck to you and your family. Hang in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 01:06 PM

874 posts, read 1,847,042 times
I am sorry that you needed to let go of something you obviously enjoyed doing. I hope and pray you are able to find something to support your family that you will enjoy as much or more.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:43 PM

103 posts, read 617,889 times
I wish you all the best in whatever you decide. You have a wonderful family and that is the best of all!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:47 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,852,149 times
I'm so sorry that you have had to let go of your dream, but looking on the bright side, look how quickly the truck sold. That is amazing all by itself given the state of the trucking industry right now, due to fuel costs, etc.

Try to look at this as an opportunity for a fresh start. You have a lot of knowledge in the transportation industry so I'll bet you find something along those lines. In the meantime, enjoy your wife and family who clearly love you unconditionally. That one factor is priceless.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 PM

2,721 posts, read 6,384,033 times
Ranger, truly sorry for your situation and pray the future is bright and bountiful.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM

566 posts, read 1,411,573 times
Ranger I work for a trucking company and I know how bad the situation out there is. We see it every day. I wonder sometimes how long the company can stay in business. I feel so bad for you but it does sound like you have the support of a loving wife. Lean on her as she has leaned on you all of these years. That is what keeps us together, learning when to lean and when to support. Turn the page....I bet what you find may surprise you. It may not replace the love for trucking that you have, I believe some are born with that but it may be a nice surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine