Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,876 times

Advertisements

today i went to bangor to do some shoping.
went down town and got my hair cut.and when i come out my truck was gone.so i did what any one would do .i swore yup thats right and im sorry.
so i calld the police they came and took my statement and asked if i had a ride home.i said ya i did but some one took it.he said no another one. yes i do i said .so while we are deciding where he is going to drop me off so my wife dont have to drive down. my truck drives by.i yeld hay thats my truck.
and i quote the officer (are you sure thats your truck) as im contomplateing what he said.with out even thinking i said no there's 50 trucks driveing through bangor with my trucking co.name on them ofcourse it my truck.
so he jumped in his car and cought the guy at the light.it was a 13 year old kid what in the h@#$ is a kid doing out of school that time of day.
i wanted to beat his lil a@#.they called his parents and they come down.
he asked if i wanted to press charges and i did as he hand cuffed the boy
i rememberd a young kid in a similer sitchuation years ago.
i never stole any thing but i did borow my dads truck and tear up a hay field.
and i had to work for the farmer that owned it all summer he told me there wasnt mutch sence in ruining a boys life over a few ruts in the dirt.
so i asked the officer if he would un cuff the boy. and he looked at me like i was nuts.i said the truck isnt hurt so no harm no foul .but befor you do me and the boy and his dad are going to come to an under standing. i told him he's not off that easy.your going to come up to my place during school vac and paint my barn jail or paint you deside.they picked paint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 05:30 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,241,235 times
I had my car try to be stolen 21 years ago. They didn't get to the road.
Did you leave your keys in the truck?

Old 05-12-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
I had my car try to be stolen 21 years ago. They didn't get to the road.
Did you leave your keys in the truck?
yes i was in a hurry and left them in the ignition.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:51 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
I think you just "payed it forward". You did an excellant thing for that kid. It will leave an impact on him for life.

Pay it forward - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-12-2008, 05:56 PM

566 posts, read 1,417,728 times
Ranger, good for you. I am glad you got your truck back without harm. I am glad you decided to teach that boy a lesson. Hopefully it is one he will remember the rest of his life.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:00 PM

444 posts, read 928,690 times
Ranger, that reminds me of the time I was running around town with my friend in her truck. She ran into a fence, and the people didn't press charges...they did make us fix the fence. Can you imagine two sixteen-year-old girls trying to get posts back in the ground? We actually did a pretty good job.

I remember the RCMP officer coming to the door to tell us that we would have to fix the fence...or else. Not one of my better memories.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 PM

444 posts, read 928,690 times
One of my other bad teenage memories involved the mixing of scotch and root beer...not good.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:11 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
today i went to bangor to do some shoping.
went down town and got my hair cut.and when i come out my truck was gone.so i did what any one would do .i swore yup thats right and im sorry.
so i calld the police they came and took my statement and asked if i had a ride home.i said ya i did but some one took it.he said no another one. yes i do i said .so while we are deciding where he is going to drop me off so my wife dont have to drive down. my truck drives by.i yeld hay thats my truck.
and i quote the officer (are you sure thats your truck) as im contomplateing what he said.with out even thinking i said no there's 50 trucks driveing through bangor with my trucking co.name on them ofcourse it my truck.
so he jumped in his car and cought the guy at the light.it was a 13 year old kid what in the h@#$ is a kid doing out of school that time of day.
i wanted to beat his lil a@#.they called his parents and they come down.
he asked if i wanted to press charges and i did as he hand cuffed the boy
i rememberd a young kid in a similer sitchuation years ago.
i never stole any thing but i did borow my dads truck and tear up a hay field.
and i had to work for the farmer that owned it all summer he told me there wasnt mutch sence in ruining a boys life over a few ruts in the dirt.
so i asked the officer if he would un cuff the boy. and he looked at me like i was nuts.i said the truck isnt hurt so no harm no foul .but befor you do me and the boy and his dad are going to come to an under standing. i told him he's not off that easy.your going to come up to my place during school vac and paint my barn jail or paint you deside.they picked paint.
You should be Governor...I like your style. Quick and easy punishment. Nobody needs to get a record ...the kid has the sh** scared out of him and you get to talk a little sense into him while he paints your barn...Excellent! If your truck gets stolen again let me know...my barn needs paint too.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,642 times
My mother had just died when my son, took my truck for a joy ride. He was all upset because he loved his granny so much. My ex-wife had left the keys in the truck, and he knew where they were, and took off. My friend a police officer saw him driving around, and didn't want to scare him, so he didn't turn on the lights and siren, but he followed him around town. When my son finally saw him, he took off and missed a right turn and smacked a stop sign. It scared him so much that he stopped. The police office came up to him and told him to sit in the truck while they came and got me at work. We got there, and I took my son home, and was taking the truck back to where she worked. A busy-body neighbor was griping the whole time about these kids and how they get away with things. The office told him what did he want him to do, take out his gun and shoot the boy? All for running a stop sign... That afternoon my son and I put the stop sign back in the ground. My son volunteered with my urging to wash all the town's vehicles that weekend. The policeman told me that he was a good driver, didn't speed, and used turn signals... better driver than most adults he said.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:36 PM

i think if you have a kid that young thrown in jail. your not doing him any good but if you make him work for what he done then your doing something you play you pay.
i was a kid once we all were but things were diffrent back then.
its all to easy to just throw them in jail and forget about them.so now he owes me 3 weeks of hard laber.and i saved the state some money.no record for him its a win win thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine