U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 PM

2,059 posts, read 3,713,364 times

Advertisements

When I Was 9 My Dad Bought Me A BB Gun.
He Told Me Dont Shoot At Any One Dont Shoot At The House
And If You Shoot At A Bottle You Pick Up The Glass.but He Left One Thing Out.you Eat What You Kill.yup Thats Right Folks You Eat What You Kill.
One Day Me And My Friends Were Down By The Pond Behind The House.
And I Saw This Big Bull Frog And I Shot It.if Your Squeamish Stop Reading.ok , All Of A Sudden I Hear Get Up Here And Bring The Frog With You. It Was My Dad And He Wasnt Happy.
On The Way To The House I Thought Im Gona Have To Dig A Hole A Bury This Frog.when I Get There Dad Says In This Famly We Eat What We Kill.contrary To What Every Ones Been Told Im Gona Tell You Frog Dont Tast Like Chicken.it Has A Tast All Its Own.
And I Have Never Forgot It .now This Is Where Like Father Like Son Comes In.i Over Heard My Oldest 16 Talking To My Youngest 8 Tonight .he Asked What Are The Rules And My Youngest Reald Them Off Like He Has Heard Them A Thousand Times Befor.then I Heard Him Say What Ever You Dont Shoot A Frog They Tast Nasty.its Best You Dont Shoot Any Thing Alive My Youngest Said Why .
Dad Made Me Eat A Frog And A Snake All In One Day Dad Says In This Famly We Eat What We Kill.like Father Like Son
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 09:50 PM

30,632 posts, read 49,281,484 times
LOL

That is great!

However I rather like frog legs.

They taste like frog.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:12 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,423,473 times
Excellent post and wise words to live by. Your kids will grow up with wisdom city kids will never know or appreciate. I've said it before you're a great dad! Keep up the good work it all pays off in their future ...and in your pride for them!

Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 AM

1,161 posts, read 2,171,296 times
My dad always told me if you pull a gun, use it. Threatening to shoot someone is giving them the opportunity to shoot first. At my house, if a gun was pulled, it was used, and then cleaned and put back up loaded and ready for the next use. I was lucky that I never had to pull it on a person. My dad meant what he said.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:23 AM

6,048 posts, read 11,404,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
My dad always told me if you pull a gun, use it. Threatening to shoot someone is giving them the opportunity to shoot first. At my house, if a gun was pulled, it was used, and then cleaned and put back up loaded and ready for the next use. I was lucky that I never had to pull it on a person. My dad meant what he said.
So you don't have that eat what you shoot rule, right?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:32 AM

I can see such a 'rule' within given circumstances.

You would have to keep in mind to avoid cannibalism.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I can see such a 'rule' within given circumstances.

You would have to keep in mind to avoid cannibalism.
can some one say doner party

Old 05-06-2008, 02:13 PM

I do not recall the Donner party involving anyone shooting anyone else.

I was just thinking that while the 'rule' of only shoot what you are willing to eat, sounds good for a child.

Some of us have directed fire at other humans, and so the 'rule' should be waived under those circumstances.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I do not recall the Donner party involving anyone shooting anyone else.

I was just thinking that while the 'rule' of only shoot what you are willing to eat, sounds good for a child.

Some of us have directed fire at other humans, and so the 'rule' should be waived under those circumstances.
that rule works well for the kids . but once i joind the army i threw that rule out the window

Old 05-17-2008, 05:04 PM

todays adventure with my 6 yr old.this morning i set up a target for him on a pine tree.
so he had been out there about 2hrs .then i see him walking back to the house with that red rider over his sholder.when he come in he was crying and i said ok what did you do .he siad daddy i dont want to eat that bird.what bird i said .
the one i shot.crying big tears . you no the rule ,but dad it smell's so bad and im sorry ,you can sell my bb gun dont make me eat it.i said smells bad when did you shoot it ?a few minnets ago!! yes by the big tree he replyed.ok show me .
we went out there and it did smell bad . looks like an eagle or a hawk my heve got ahold of it.i told him that he didnt shoot it its been there 4or5 days as he wiped his eyes he said so i dont have to eat it. nope i said but we are going to burry it . he ask why becouse i said every thing deserves a desent burial. so like a trooper he went and got a shovel and dug a grave. i wonder whats instore for me tomorow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or