U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,928,995 times

Advertisements

TO ALL OF THE GREAT MOMMIES IN MAINE,

NEW ENGLAND, and ALL of the MAINE FORUM FRIENDS!

MOTHERS DAY IS SUNDAY MAY 11, 2008!

I wish you ALL a very BLESSED & HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

May you be APPRECIATED, LOVED, CHERISHED, HONORED

I hope that you ALL get breakfast in bed and that you are able to

celebrate with your children And get some well deserved REST!!

Whether you are a MOMMIE, GRANDMA, STEP MOM, GODMOTHER,

AUNT taking care of children as your own MAY YOU HAVE A VERY SPECIAL

DAY!

So, what are ALL of the MAINE forum MOMMIES

doing to celebrate this special day??

What are some of you doing for your Mothers??

I hope that you ALL have a wonderful day & month, MAY is the MONTH for

ALL MOTHERS!! ENJOY & CELEBRATE ALL MONTH LONG!!

BLESSINGS, PEACE, LOVE & HAPPINESS TO ALL!!

Take good care,

Have a beautiful day MAINE FORUM MOTHERS!!!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-07-2008 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: HAPPINESS & PEACE COME FROM WITHIN!:0) SMILE, LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH!!:0) ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY! :0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM

2,712 posts, read 4,914,794 times
I am making cards for each of my daughters, the mothers of my 3+1+2+2+2 grands... and I am going to go to the store and get them each a Hershey bar and repackage it in an "emergency chocolate" wrapper... I saw something like this when we were shopping in Bangor yesterday but not only were they likely wanting a high price for the candy (or so I assume... specialty item, and there was no price posted. My experience: if the price is not given I CANNOT afford it!) but the bars were thick, and I want something thin enough to enclose in a card.

My #4 daughter called yesterday to make sure she had my address correct, as the Utah contingent of which she is a part are sending something (which likely I will not see before the weekend, on account of the PO Box being in Bangor but that is the thought at least.)

Normally I do not make a big deal out of these sort of holidays, though.

I do wish all the other Mothers here a good day!

Old 05-08-2008, 05:46 AM

1,698 posts, read 2,903,045 times
Well........... I'll be working. But, I'll be hanging around all the other mom's who are taken to dinner by their children.

I'll still have my daughters around me thou.

Tami~peachie

Old 05-08-2008, 06:29 AM

3,231 posts, read 6,540,203 times
Unfortunatley, due to another comittment, I'll be back in the Sunshine State next weekend. However, I've been celebrating Mothers Day for almost an entire week here! I've been so enjoying the time I've spent with my kids this week. My daughter has prepared dinner a couple times for her brother and I. She and I are shopping at Beans this afternoon. My son and I have been fishing almost every afternoon together. He has taught me some new tricks, I've lost a few fish, but the amount of fun and laughter we've all experienced has been a most joyous time . These two 20 & 25 yr olds are a hoot! IMHO, I am truly the most lucky Mom in the world!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 AM

1,698 posts, read 2,903,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Unfortunatley, due to another comittment, I'll be back in the Sunshine State next weekend. However, I've been celebrating Mothers Day for almost an entire week here! I've been so enjoying the time I've spent with my kids this week. My daughter has prepared dinner a couple times for her brother and I. She and I are shopping at Beans this afternoon. My son and I have been fishing almost every afternoon together. He has taught me some new tricks, I've lost a few fish, but the amount of fun and laughter we've all experienced has been a most joyous time . These two 20 & 25 yr olds are a hoot! IMHO, I am truly the most lucky Mom in the world!
Sounds like you are having a Mother's Day extraviganza. Have fun at Bean's. It's my favorite place to shop on line. Since it's a little rid to the closest store.
Smiles~
Tami~peachie

Old 05-08-2008, 06:53 AM

43 posts, read 121,658 times
thank you for the mother's day wishes!

today, my son's pre-school is having a 'mommy lunch' and they're giving us things they have been working on.

sunday, my husband will probably be sleeping all day...just getting off a 36 hr shift...and it will most likely be like any other day.

happy mother's day to all of you!!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:30 AM

9,485 posts, read 14,286,680 times
Rain today, sunny tomorrow, rain Saturday and sunny Sunday for Mother's Day. Wifey wants to go for an ATV ride so that's what we'll do.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 AM

5,969 posts, read 11,132,103 times
I think our MD's will be Saturday. We're going to UMaine Orono's graduation Saturday afternoon to watch Steve's youngest sister graduate summa *** laude. She's 14 months younger than our oldest daughter. She's a wonderful young woman. After that, we'll see our oldest daughter and probably take her to dinner. I think I might go to the cemetery Saturday. (it's ok, Mum's been gone a long time) I need to talk to Dad first to see if he's taken care of planting flowers. At home, I have three rose bushes to plant Sunday. I love roses and want the plants so I can enjoy them for years. Steve bought pink, orange and red for me. Any day I have my hands in the soil is a good day.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:38 AM

6,940 posts, read 7,658,930 times
Happy Mother's Day to all ladies - mothers or not!

Our two daughters (both live near us, how nice is that?) with the grandchildren will be stopping by Sunday. I offered to take everyone out to dinner, so that's where we'll be! Usually the wife and daughters do not exchange any major gifts, just very low-key. For instance, my wife broke her electric can opener last week...gave me a bright idea! I always give my daughters Godiva chocolates. I think I'd have a mutiny here if I ever forgot those Godiva's! Gettin' darned expensive!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 PM

5,969 posts, read 11,132,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I think our MD's will be Saturday. We're going to UMaine Orono's graduation Saturday afternoon to watch Steve's youngest sister graduate summa *** laude.
That was the only word of the three that Firefox knew how to spell. Maybe I need to have a talk with it about its language!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or