Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:51 AM

182 posts, read 490,904 times

Advertisements

If she crates and you have one for her you can set her up here for the day while we are at MOFGA.

I ain't got one big enough for a St Bernard :-)

Last edited by bringselpup; 05-28-2008 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 03:37 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringselpup View Post
If she crates and you have one for her you can set her up here for the day while we are at MOFGA.

I ain't got one big enough for a St Bernard :-)
Thanks for the offer, but I don't have one that big and do not know if she has been crate trained. However, we will be picking up KAF and her DH and their dogs are crate trained, leaving the outside kennel free. Brandi has been in there and was just fine while we visited. KAF is going to make sure the tarp is up for shade/dry area (though Brandi has no issues with being a soggy doggy, I'd rather NOT carry her home in the car totally wet!) and a big water bucket.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 PM

Well good you are all set then, Cya there.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:08 PM

And a wet time was had by all. LOL

Sorry I didn't find you, Bringselpup, but shirts were not exactly in evidence.. <g> I was wearing my (soon soggy) Tillie hat an a shredding yellow rain poncho that I pulled out of the truck at the last minute to carry along, as my real rain gear is still in storage somewhere. Didn't try the sythe, but I still am interested in the art. I learned about medicinal herbs (and bought a couple of transplants at the end of the day) and potting mix and making and baking in an outdoor clay oven. And got wet, despite it all, but am still glad we went. Had a great time carpooling down, K and I, with KAF and her DH.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:51 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post

Sorry I didn't find you, Bringselpup, but shirts were not exactly in evidence.. <g> I was wearing my (soon soggy) Tillie hat an a shredding yellow rain poncho that I pulled out of the truck at the last minute to carry along, as my real rain gear is still in storage somewhere. Didn't try the sythe, but I still am interested in the art. I learned about medicinal herbs (and bought a couple of transplants at the end of the day) and potting mix and making and baking in an outdoor clay oven. And got wet, despite it all, but am still glad we went. Had a great time carpooling down, K and I, with KAF and her DH.
Glad to hear that a wonderul time was had by all!

Feel free to play with my scythe anytime.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:51 PM

Indeed, the rain caused my wife and I to dash home for dry clothes and footwear at lunch! Tramping back and forth across the field between the periods of heavy rain was a soggy affair. But what a fantastic experience. We are both still completely awed by the diversity of knowledge we have stumbled upon since moving here.

Quote:

Old 06-01-2008, 05:25 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringselpup View Post
Indeed, the rain caused my wife and I to dash home for dry clothes and footwear at lunch! Tramping back and forth across the field between the periods of heavy rain was a soggy affair. But what a fantastic experience. We are both still completely awed by the diversity of knowledge we have stumbled upon since moving here.
Aww yess it was a soggy day.

I'm still happy you both got to go and met star while there.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Aww yess it was a soggy day.

I'm still happy you both got to go and met star while there.
NO, we never did meet up... but I am sure we will at some point. Indeed, the diversity of knowledge (and wisdom, which is often a totally different thing!) amazes me also. And the breadth of experience in a single person. We got to talking to the fellow who was running the blacksmith shop, and me doing my asking questions thing (it comes with years of writing articles, honed by hanging around with and working with folklorists in downeast NC I guess) prompted a long conversation that included black powder firearms, youthful dreams, boats and boatbuilding, CT, NC, folks we knew -- or should have known -- in common, unknowingly crossed paths and, oh, yes, blacksmithing. LOL

And we even made it to our next workshops on time.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Glad to hear that a wonderul time was had by all!

Feel free to play with my scythe anytime.
I will likely come try, but from what I learned yesterday, if it appeals to me at all I will have to get my own short person version. They very much need to be sized to the user... Which will leave K out of the work for sure. LOL Which is ok with me.. it would be my thing, and a working meditation as long as the body holds out.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:55 PM

No, hiding beneath an umbrella dodging the liquid sunshine is not the most effective way to try to run into new friends.

Quote:
NO, we never did meet up... but I am sure we will at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine