Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:19 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
I'm on now so hopefully peachie won't mind....she lives in Calais and my favorite town in the world is small and near her town, Eastport.

Her's would have more employment opportunities, though.
hehe
I live near Calais... but not in it. (( I'm the 403rd fur tree on the left south west- past the rock that has " Sarah loves ..." designed in quality spray paint .lol I guess Sarah changes her mind at times.

I did DM her with some contacts as well. Hopefully she will check out all the mentionings here. Maine does have a lot of great little towns.

Tami~peachie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 06:45 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
hehe I live near Calais... but not in it.

(( I'm the 403rd fur tree on the left south west- past the rock that has " Sarah loves ..." designed in quality spray paint .lol I guess Sarah changes her mind at times.

I did DM her with some contacts as well. Hopefully she will check out all the mentionings here. Maine does have a lot of great little towns.

Tami~peachie
You are a fur tree?

Cool

It sounds like maybe Sarah gets around.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:00 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times
Talking I am what I am because I'm surrounded by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
You are a fur tree?

Cool

yes I am forest..
Haven't you heard my holiday song which I am in?
" And a Peachie in a Fur Treeeeeeeee"

... I think "Sarah on the rock of love is just... picky. lol But I don't know this "artist".... or how long that has been there.

Tami~peachie

Old 05-27-2008, 07:11 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
So you are not a fur tree, you just live in a fur tree.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:20 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
You are a fur tree?

Cool

She's gotta find a way to keep warm and physically fit during those long maine wintahs!

Old 05-27-2008, 09:35 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Try Lincoln. Housing is still relatively affordable and outsiders do seem welcome.

Unless Milo has changed significantly over the last decade I'd recommend that you avoid Milo. A woman from Westerly, RI that I used to work with in Connecticut married a guy from Milo. After they moved to Milo she could not find a job for 8 months and the people would not even talk to her. After three years they moved.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:05 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Try Lincoln. Housing is still relatively affordable and outsiders do seem welcome.

Unless Milo has changed significantly over the last decade I'd recommend that you avoid Milo. A woman from Westerly, RI that I used to work with in Connecticut married a guy from Milo. After they moved to Milo she could not find a job for 8 months and the people would not even talk to her. After three years they moved.
I moved here a year ago. I find the people friendly and warm. Dover/Foxcraft is 15 minutes away. I'm sorry your friend didn't make out well.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:40 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
If the folks of Milo are anything like msina......it lives up to its motto; "Milo, A Friendly Town". I have never been to Milo and will probably never go to Milo.....but I have a very favorable impression....a favorable impression that boarders on a "soft spot" for Milo.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:37 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,230,916 times
You would probably want to stay somewhere inland to avoid high real estate prices. Maybe some places in Central Maine or Western Maine....

Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,389,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
If the folks of Milo are anything like msina......it lives up to its motto; "Milo, A Friendly Town". I have never been to Milo and will probably never go to Milo.....but I have a very favorable impression....a favorable impression that boarders on a "soft spot" for Milo.
Me too elston. Anywhere msina lives is a good town.

And did anyone notice? Yesterday, Trask Insurance pointed the webcam in a different direction. I kind of like it. Milo Webcam Is it pointed the other direction from looking up/down main street? I'm not from there so I just assume it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine