U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-08-2008, 09:48 PM

1,784 posts, read 1,957,261 times

Advertisements

You can sure tell the difference in 'store bought' compared to what fortunata does. I bought this doll house for my neice for Xmas a couple years ago. She still loves it. I bought it at one of those membership warehouses.

I love what fortunata does. Takes a lot of craft and patience.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 06:37 PM

222 posts, read 353,128 times
Default Restoration

I spend my free time restoring my 1799 cape on the water in Perry, Me. We are doing a period restoration that takes time and money-which is often in short supply-may be a few years till we are finished.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:02 PM

2,059 posts, read 2,676,313 times
my next hobby is not my most fav, but im gona do it in the intrest self preservation.
up untill a cpl month's ago i was only home on the weekends some times 2 or 3 weeks would go by befor i got home.but now im home every night.so i have been pitching in on helping with the house hold chores.the problem is the boss (my wife )has a system.who knew. and i need to learn the system.she told me she has been runing this house for 18 yrs you may bring home the bacon but i cook it.so my next hobby is to learn how she does things.im an old dog thats about to learn a new trick.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 PM

3,068 posts, read 5,358,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
my next hobby is not my most fav, but im gona do it in the intrest self preservation.
up untill a cpl month's ago i was only home on the weekends some times 2 or 3 weeks would go by befor i got home.but now im home every night.so i have been pitching in on helping with the house hold chores.the problem is the boss (my wife )has a system.who knew. and i need to learn the system.she told me she has been runing this house for 18 yrs you may bring home the bacon but i cook it.so my next hobby is to learn how she does things.im an old dog thats about to learn a new trick.
Just listen to her instructions and you will do just fine.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:05 PM

2,059 posts, read 2,676,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Just listen to her instructions and you will do just fine.
thats my plan i hope.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:07 PM

400 posts, read 480,971 times
I guess my hobby would be drawing and painting, but I make money at that so I don't know if that counts. Otherwise I'd go with holding the couch down while I babysit the TV

Old 06-10-2008, 02:28 PM

3,068 posts, read 5,358,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano19606 View Post
I guess my hobby would be drawing and painting, but I make money at that so I don't know if that counts. Otherwise I'd go with holding the couch down while I babysit the TV
That sounds like a good winter hobby.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM

144 posts, read 482,447 times
Right now my main hobby is Maine, and learning the skills I'll make use of when we move there... canning, gardening, knitting, and other country skills.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:16 AM

44 posts, read 86,472 times
Wow wonderful hobbies you all have. Mine is Genealogy. I am staring with detecting. Going out looking for treasures sounds like fun. so I started kinda late last fall. So I am getting ready to go out and do it this year. Who knows I might find something interesting.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:49 PM

1,698 posts, read 2,096,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunata View Post
Thank you, here's a few more pictures. The first is a log cottage interior, the second is the mural I painted in the hallway of my real size house.

Oh my... that is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine