U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,865,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacop View Post
Hey all I am back and I want to thank everyone for the compliments on my pantry cabinet. I will be taking a bit of a rest for now due to illness but as soon as I get back in the shop I will post some more. Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
Hope you feel better soon.
Best wishes for a lovely holiday season.

You have been missed on the forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 03:27 AM

4,098 posts, read 3,994,311 times
Looking forward to you getting better amacop and seeing more of your work!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 11:23 AM

95 posts, read 198,179 times
Not that I have hobbies that come anywhere close, to what the VERY talented people here do, but here's my list;

IN MY FREE TIME, LOL when I'm not homeschooling,

My hobby today and last night is plowing

Just bought a Babe spinning wheel, and I'm going to learn how to spin with it instead of a drop spindle

crochet blankets

archery w/compound bow

geocaching/letterboxing

drawing houseplans for fun (dreaming of my cabin)

looking for land in ME is another new hobby

travel (day and weekend trips to ME lately)
traveled the U.S. when I was 18, visited most of the Parks, love to do it again!

DIY most projects around the house, painting, tiling, sanding floors, etc...

foster mom for Labs4rescue

many pets 1 Rat Terrier (Memphis), 1 Lab/blue heeler mix (Blu), 1 orange tabby girl (Tootsie, likes to bite toes), 3 Sphynx (Yoda, Tutankhamun (Tut), Cairo), 2 Leopard Geckos (Bubba Sue & Mackie), 3 Auraunacana hens (we hope hens), 2 Guinea Pigs (pig-pig & patches), hermit crab, fish

SCUBA diving

gardening (so I can learn to can)

photography for fun

cooking (if its quick and easy, not gourmet by any means)

scanner frequencies (hubby is Firefighter, not that I want to know when something bad happens, but it's a sick need to know thing)

I want to make a quilt from my old (fat) blue jeans, so learning how to quilt is my next project.

When I was younger I used to ride dirt-bikes, and had a street bike until 15 years ago. (had kids, needed money, sold bike) I would love to learn to ride a Quad, would probably kill myself, I like to go fast!!!! WHHEEE.... splat! It's not the fall, it's the sudden stop!

I'd also love to learn how to hunt, and fix it myself.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:33 AM

21,278 posts, read 4,891,612 times
Chii,

You've got to plan to come to the Fiber College weekend next year in Searsport. You'd LOVE it!!! I took 2 classes at it this past September. I have denim jeans I'm making into a crocheted rag rug from that class, I took a rug-hooking class to get re-introduced to the hobby since I'd not completed a rug from 1994 and really wanted to get back into it. It's held at the campground where I have my camper. A+ Rated Maine Ocean Campground: Camping on the Coast of Maine

Astrig Tanguay, the campground owner founed the Fiber College weekend program 3 years ago. It's really getting better and better every year.

Open the link I gave you above for the campground and on the left hand side is an orange panel. Scroll down til you see Fiber College and click on that to go to the link. There should be one or two short videos where you can see some of the events that were held. I think my demo is toward the end of this years video.

I hope next year to be much more heavily involved and actually teach some fun classes!

Duh... here's a link to the Fiber College's own website with the movie I mentioned above:

http://www.fibercollege.org/

Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 AM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 801,608 times
Wow. Sounds like I won't be bored living in Maine. I like textile related hobbies, too. I do a little crocheting. (My daughter is the knitter, and whooped when she found out she was going to have somebody to knit woolen clothes for) I used to do a lot of reenacting, and did most of my sewing for that. Now that computers have come along, I spend a lot of time writing, professionally and for me. History is one of my true loves and I do a lot of research. Been working on the family history. We'll have three pets coming to Calais with us--my little old lady, a mutt named Charly, her one year old playmate, a white boxer named Casper, and a fourteen year old calico cat named Bronte that I'm hoping won't succumb to trauma from being moved so far in a cat carrier. Good thing we didn't buy the pair of buckskins we were considering a few months back. I used to garden a lot. can't do it here, and looking forward to digging in the dirt again when we get settled.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:46 AM

10,105 posts, read 9,700,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
How many lobsters do you get for a whole house? Maybe we could work something out here....
lol, my father (a lobsterman) use to trade lobsters with a dentist in wiscasset for dental work on us kids.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:03 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 801,608 times
Lobster is obviously plentiful in Washington County. What about other kinds of seafood? My favorite is crab, but I like just about any kind of seafood. What about shrimp and oysters?

Old 12-21-2008, 06:14 PM

5,636 posts, read 7,249,792 times
Shrimp, crab, scallops and fish. It's shrimp and scallop season now.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:06 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,865,434 times
Hmmm, lusting for fresh ocean scallops out here

Old 12-22-2008, 09:12 PM

2,059 posts, read 2,518,756 times
its the season for another hobby of mine fast sleds.now for the past cpl years i have been trying to find a helmet big enough so i dont have to take my hat off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine