Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:48 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times

Advertisements

I'm enjoying this thread a lot. I positively melt when the temp hits 80 or above as well.

There's a young man on the next street over that knocks on the door from time to time asking for my DH. He is always looking for bottles to cash in among other items. He's asked for such items as a wheelchair, (he wanted the wheels) plywood, and "plates" for weight lifting. He always spots some kind of "good junk" he can use in our shed. He reminds me of Jay North from the old black and white "Dennis The Menace" show. Only in Maine have I come across kids that wants to hang out in our shed talking about life with an "older" person, (his Dad has been over to meet us and knows where he is). When he found out our dog had died he brought me lilacs and spent a couple hours out in the shed with "Mr. Wilson" talking everything from boxing to school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 10:51 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Good gawd yes that's too hot. If it's 80° I'm suffering. If it's 90° I'm reasonably sure there's a good chance I'll spontaneously explode. More than 54° and raining would be good though.
This weekend....Mid 80's . Have to dig out the fans again I guess!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,567 times
mid 80's!!! thats it im moveing north.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:56 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
It will probably last one day though!

Old 06-04-2008, 11:07 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
North? Short trip, travel safe.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:41 AM

1,816 posts, read 3,390,639 times
I visit my sister in Dover each year. Our house is right off route 7. Whether we are sitting at the kitchen table indoors or outside somewhere, a car will go by and toot their horn. I always ask my sister what that was all about and she would just say, "Just someone that knows me from town".

And the "pop in" visit. I don't get those out here in CA. There isn't a week that goes by but where several people will stop in the old homestead just to say hello. Could be family, friend or acquaintance, doesn't matter. Sometimes my sis will be gone and when she returns will find a note on the piazza saying "Just stopped by to see how you're doing".

Old 06-04-2008, 01:19 PM

278 posts, read 699,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
This weekend....Mid 80's . Have to dig out the fans again I guess!
Look at it on the bright side - way too hot to work outside! That thought then leads to G & Ts (or ACBs or whatever your favorite iced beverage is).

Old 06-04-2008, 01:24 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,752,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
There's a young man on the next street over that knocks on the door from time to time asking for my DH. l.
What a nice neighbor you have, msina! How thoughtful of him to bring you lilacs. You are lucky he could be a "nyorker"
like Ranger's neighbor....

Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 PM

278 posts, read 699,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
What a nice neighbor you have, msina! How thoughtful of him to bring you lilacs. You are lucky he could be a "nyorker"
like Ranger's neighbor....
Moughie - how do you pronounce your name - "mowie" or "muffy"?

Old 06-04-2008, 01:29 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
I visit my sister in Dover each year. Our house is right off route 7. Whether we are sitting at the kitchen table indoors or outside somewhere, a car will go by and toot their horn. I always ask my sister what that was all about and she would just say, "Just someone that knows me from town".

And the "pop in" visit. I don't get those out here in CA. There isn't a week that goes by but where several people will stop in the old homestead just to say hello. Could be family, friend or acquaintance, doesn't matter. Sometimes my sis will be gone and when she returns will find a note on the piazza saying "Just stopped by to see how you're doing".
The first paragraph made me laugh because one of our friends just brought our corgi/shephard mix home---she'd followed Katy to the gym ("she" meaning the dog!) and he found her sitting by the door when he came out

The second paragraph made me laugh because when I got back from lunch with the ladies yesterday I found a note from a friend of mine who'd stopped by to see if I wanted to grab lunch with her. I'd left the house unlocked (as usual), and the note was on the dining room table. The dogs probably helped her find the pen to write it with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine