Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:28 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,168 times

Advertisements

well we just got home from camp it was a great weekend.
the dog learnd the most important lesson of the weekend (stay in the boat,do not jump)
i made him swim all the way to shore.he was prity tierd.when we went out agine he stayed in the boat never even thought of jumping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 05:03 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,327 times
I took the kids out yesterday. Caught my limit on brookies then went over to the pond in the afternoon. Mostly just paddled around but we did catch and release a couple of bass and a bunch of perch, sunfish and pickeral.
Happy to report that the fish were the only one's getting hooked this trip.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:14 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
Ranger, you gave your little city born and bred nephew a fishing memory he will never forget

What a great Uncle you are!

Old 06-22-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Ranger, you gave your little city born and bred nephew a fishing memory he will never forget

What a great Uncle you are!
he had fun.he hooked the he#$ outa my leg but it was ok.i wished he would have hooked his dad.may be next time.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:22 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i could lie and tell you about the great big sammy that got away or the troute that took 6 people and a 4 wheel drive truck to pull onto shore but i wont. im going to tell you about a 4yr old and learning how to cast.
whyet is my younger brouther's son he is a tipical boy expept for the fishing.
they live in tampa and his dad dont get a whole lot of time to tark him fishing.
so this fathers day weekend they come home to maine and ended up comeing up to my camp friday morning.it was a great supprise for me becouse i havent seen my brouther for 7 years i got to meet his wife and his son whyet and his little girl jasmin.we were going fishing sat morning and whyet asked if he could go and his mom said no you have never been and the bug's are to thick.when it comes to kids and fishing their is no sutch thing as no .so i told him sure go get in the truck (you wana drive?)(naw im to small.) so we went to monument and my boys ran ahead to get the good spots like they allways do. whyet walked with me and jerry.we got htere and droped our lines in and whyet just stood there so i asked hay why aint you fishing and he said uncle i dont no how.and i just looked at jerry in disgust.
so i went over and showed him how to baite his hook as im finishing up my youngest yeld dad i got one so i stood up to look and from behind me i hear i no how to cast i seen it on tv.and then there was a sharp paine in the back of my leg right behind the knee.yup you gesst it he got me with a #4 dbl barbd long shank.that wasnt the worst of it he thought if he pulled it would come loose.it didnt.he crying im bleeding and my oldest is laughing hay dad remember when i got the other leg.jerry is freekin. i think city life has ruind him.all in all it was ok some good fishing some fishing scars good times.
so tell us about your fishing trips we would be glad to hear them.
Yes I remember the first hook. I also remember hooking
my dad as my catch of the day. He loved to fish late at night into the wee hours when we were in florida. He get home from work, wake up us and pack us off finishing until 4am.
Quote:
thank you i try.my wife says im like one of the kids some times.
Imagin that... I say that about my DH too. lol

Quote:
iv been hooked so maney times over the years im allmost imune to it.
I'm sure, and your right.. once it's happened a few times it's like no real surprise when it happens again.

Quote:
i all ways carry some pliers with me it's easier to pull them out just give them a quick yank and your back to fishing.
I'm thinking a "leathermen."
I believe it is the offical equipment of the maine outdoors men. (DH has gone through 2 so far.)

Old 06-24-2008, 08:25 AM

when i was a kid my dad bought one of them rubber boats from rod &gun in houlton. i still remember it today we were out fishing in carry lake in littleton and i hooked it right in the side tore a good size hole in it to we had to sit on one side while dad patched it he was pi@##$.
he couldnt fix it comepleatly so he paddeld his a@# off to get to shore befor we sank.
we never did get another rubber boat.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:49 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
I have very few fresh water summer fishing stories. I do a lot more ice fishing. Those stories seem out of place in the summer. We mostly ocean fish around here for stripers and bluefish. Now there's some fun! Nothing like hooking into a 15 lb bluefish for a good fight!. Stripers have been few and far between around here this year though. Last year was good with a good many over 40" (about 20-22 pounds) taken in the Royal and Cousin's rivers in Yarmouth and Freeport.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:51 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Ranger or anyone else ... easy way to remove a hook ... let me find a diagram it will be easier than me trying to describe.

OK, here's one:

How to remove a hook from a human

It works easier than anyone would believe.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Ranger or anyone else ... easy way to remove a hook ... let me find a diagram it will be easier than me trying to describe.

OK, here's one:

How to remove a hook from a human

It works easier than anyone would believe.
Same way I have used for years. (I fish with clumsy people don't cha know. ) Works so slick I showed my wife and that is how they do it in the ER as well.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 AM

i just whip out the trusty leatherman and giver a yank.fast n easy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine