Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 06:31 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times

Advertisements

So since this is off topic, I feel okay about posting this. I posed a question in the Maineahs social group and noone has responded as of yet. I have posed the question a couple of times to one of the not as active posters, but I thought one of you may know. Woxy(DH)'s aunt knows a Meg that writes for the paper , from receiving the Quoddy Tides, I believe that this is Meg Harris. She had mentioned that Meg might be getting to the point where she will be interested in selling. She mentioned that the house is very small, but right on the water and with lots of windows. We were on our way out of town when she was still trying to remember where Meg's house was. I think it may be on Capen behind the yellow(can't remember the name of it) B&B.

If we found something cheap enough, we could be up even sooner... maybe in just 3ish years.

Please let me know if you have an idea which way to point me. Thanks, Michelle

Old 07-15-2008, 08:23 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Second funeral in 4 days for us today! They say they come in 3s....strangely enough, all have been linked to the fire department, so DH is heavily involved in the ceremony.

It's sad, as always, but also very moving to see a fallen firefighter's ceremony. Today's service is for a 23 yr old young man that DH just served a shift with a week ago. Very sad!

Please send positive thoughts and prayers for the families!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:41 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Default more prayers needed...

I just got off the phone with one of my daughters. My second daughter, Amy, was just told that her husband was taken to the hospital from work. What exactly happened is somewhat unclear but he was throwing up and was at one point unconscious and at another point incoherent. He is stable now and apparently understanding and trying to communicate -- keeps pointing to the area of his heart and saying "double."

He does have high blood pressure and was being treated medically, but was not terribly good about taking care of himself, the girls say... not necessarily eating right, exercising, etc.

Amy just got over a scare when their 2 YO son disappeared from the collective watchful eyes while the extended family was doing lawn work for a grandparent and when she spotted him he was almost down the block, heading down the middle of the street toward the intersection with a main road! None of the families sitting on the porches along the road thought to get up and waylay him! but Amy was able to make the dash and scoop him up before he got into the main road.

Todd and Amy live in the Salt Lake City area.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:04 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Jeesh you two! That's horrible news on both accounts.

El, lets hope that your streak ends at 2. The death of such a young man is the saddest news ever. Sending positive thoughts to Texas right away!

Star, I do hope your SIL is doing better and will make a full recovery. Damn men never take good care of themselves. That's why they need us damn women!

The 2 yr old escapee I can relate to also, quick little buggers aren't they?

Sending positive thoughts to Salt Lake City also.

You two take good care.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:12 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Oh gosh, Star! I hope all is well. Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Our funeral was just as I thought - very sad - very emotional - very moving - and very beautiful.

Last call tones chimed and they announced, "Firefighter, Sorrell Fregia stand down."

Rest in peace.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:01 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Eva Longoria is one beautiful woman ......

Old 07-15-2008, 09:03 PM

Maria Menounos is one beautiful woman......!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Alana De La Garza is one beautiful woman....!

Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
I just got off the phone with one of my daughters. My second daughter, Amy, was just told that her husband was taken to the hospital from work. What exactly happened is somewhat unclear but he was throwing up and was at one point unconscious and at another point incoherent. He is stable now and apparently understanding and trying to communicate -- keeps pointing to the area of his heart and saying "double."
Star, how is he now? This is scary.

Elcarim, I've been thinking of you.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:32 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,851 times
Fire and Police funerals are wonderful tributes to a terrible death almost always caused by tragic circumstances. I can't make it through one with bagpipes playing "Amazing Grace". I have a retired fireman friend whose company in New York was devastated by 911. It took him 4 years to get over the fact that he wasn't with them when he was needed. It is such a close knit family. Many fire and police spend as much time with their partners as they do their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine