U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-12-2008, 07:29 AM

7,392 posts, read 8,524,301 times

Advertisements

Drama, I can relate... my older kids are there. It was strange at first to see their posts and things, but it also really made me realize a couple of things. They're smarter than I thought about stuff... they won't easily be pulled into things. I'm certain that a small amount of credit goes to me for that, but I'm certain it's only a small amount! Also, they're mischievous, they're funny, they're well loved by their friends... and they're caring! Now, this is all a surprise because most of the time I see them fighting with each other! One of them takes the Jeep when it's not her turn, or uses the last of the conditioner, takes something without asking.... you know, the sibling stuff. BUT then I get on Facebook, and they send each other stuff!! Willingly!! Without me there to say "send that to your brother/sister" I don't spend time tracking where they go, who they talk to, because on some level that feels like a violation of their privacy. They don't do that to me either... not because of the privacy issue though, I think it's mostly because they can't be bothered! So, two of them have me as their "friends", the third one hasn't logged in there, and might not... she doesn't like myspace either.... and you're right, for two days it was a little strange, but that was it. I got busy looking for old friends of mine, and connecting with other geocachers I don't get to see very often... and now I'm back in touch with them. It's somehow more personal too to have that daily contact than the occasional email. So, I'm hoping you'll reconsider! I'm still learning... I'm loving it!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:46 AM

874 posts, read 1,215,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Sorry, guys going to have to skip on the facebook thingy. Too weird to be on the same social networking site as my soon to be 20 year old(i.e. she would kill me)!
I'm friends with my son on FB but you can join and not be friends with her. It's a big place.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:46 AM

21,869 posts, read 28,669,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
What did you see to make you say that? Did you see Brad's new 4 door?

and yes, no school here today btw! Can't believe you guys go on Veteran's Day! I think if you don't separate and designate holidays as something significant and special then society can begin to lose the value that the holiday has, you know what I mean? It's awful that you guys have school!
B had to work on Veterans Day.

The base stayed open.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 AM

7,392 posts, read 8,524,301 times
wow.... maybe I'm more old-fashioned than I realized!

Got to put beans in the oven and then off to lunch with MW and Peachie! See you soon everyone!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:13 AM

701 posts, read 646,571 times
Wow! first thing, do you guys know this place is addictive! I'm supposed to be doing responsible mom things right now, but I'm not I'm sitting at the computer AGAIN soooo happy to read about Maine things.......but my real point is that I haven't a clue how to work anything, direct messages, friend lists(someone was nice enough to add me)or instant messaging, and the list goes on. I have figured out the reputation and I'm making use of that feature........so if I'm doing something wrong please let me know

And Facebook and MySpace, OMG!!!! Just put a big ole' jug o' coffee beside the computer and get me a nanny! It would take me years to figure it out.........

Old 11-12-2008, 10:31 AM

12,134 posts, read 22,273,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosX5 View Post

And Facebook and MySpace, OMG!!!! Just put a big ole' jug o' coffee beside the computer and get me a nanny! It would take me years to figure it out.........
Oh no it doesn't. Just a few longer than anticipated nights and draggy tired days the following morning. Not to mention a dishwasher is a big help as well as a flexible schedule. Oh yeah a candy bowl is a big help as well for those quick boosts of pure sugar energy when the focus starts to wander and you are overcome by the fear you might have missed some profound Earth-shattering post while tucking the kids into bed. Pop a few Jolly Ranchers and/or Sugar Babies, then wash down with either Coffee or soda, and you are set for another short time in front of the monitor glued to C-D.

At least that is what I have been told... That's my story!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 AM

5,054 posts, read 8,101,341 times
We actually got some color this year! First time in eons. I think it was that early cool spell we got in October when the temps dropped below 40 a couple of nights. Do you think? I haven't seen this here in years!

*This is across town from us, but we still get to drive by every day during the school runs and enjoy it!
Attached Thumbnails
Maine's Own Off-Topic Thread - Pt. 3-009.jpg   Maine's Own Off-Topic Thread - Pt. 3-010.jpg  

Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 AM

3,001 posts, read 3,460,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosX5 View Post
Wow! first thing, do you guys know this place is addictive! I'm supposed to be doing responsible mom things right now, but I'm not I'm sitting at the computer AGAIN...
Isn't that the truth! I should be out cutting wood right now, but I've spent the whole morning goofing off here and on IM...and it's going to get very cold around here very soon if I don't get to it.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:26 PM

2,748 posts, read 5,129,087 times
Yeah, but this goofing off thing is fun!

Old 11-12-2008, 02:40 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,869,296 times
Default Parents of teen drivers in Maine

Have you guys seen this alertmyparents.com? I've seen a few things about this program recently and just looked it up. You buy a subscription for $50, they send you a decal to put on the back of the car(s) that your kids drive. On the bumper sticker it basically says alert my parents if you see me driving like an idiot. You are assigned a number and it's displayed on the decal. So other drivers that witness your kids exhibiting less than perfect driving skills, call or email the site and they notify you of your childs driving habits. Check it out! I LIKE IT! What I wouldn't have given to have had this 5 yrs ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine