Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 07:15 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,495 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to share the silly birthday cake I made yesterday. I need more practice with icing so it ended up kind of marbleized instead of the elaborate scale effect that was my original plan.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:16 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
What a cute idea!! Love it.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:18 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Very cute, and I doubt he'll care about the minor details! He'll love it!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:44 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
We are moving back to Old Town, hopefully in time for Halloween. We are sitting in an apartment here in Florida, pondering the thought of sinking our life savings into a home. I know this is a good time to buy a house, but our gut feelings are telling us to get out of here and go back to the trailer in Old Town (that has no mortgage). Hubby and I miss our backyard forest.

Guess the first thing we'll do is replace some of the windows. It's a 1968 Holly Park mobile home. It's really sweet. Anyhow, I feel very bad that we made the decision to move down here. We moved here with the best of intentions, but we all know where that road sometimes leads.
That is neat!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:06 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,337,845 times
cute cute cute cute ... cuteee.

it's creative, and surprising.
I'm sure it's going to be a huge hit!!!
Great Job!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:50 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
cute cute cute cute ... cuteee.

it's creative, and surprising.
I'm sure it's going to be a huge hit!!!
Great Job!!!
Thanks! It was a huge hit. My favorite things were my husband having to fly him down the length of the cake to blow the candles out and our 6 yo friend sitting in front of the head quietly snagging strands of the beard.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:28 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Good morning from Texas! We woke up to a glorious 48 degrees this morning!! It feels amazing. I've already opened every window in my house that will open and I'm thoroughly enjoying the cool air before it reaches back into the mid 80s this afternoon. This morning, *I'M* pretending "Maine".!

Victoria, our 8 year old, told me while I was fixing her hair earlier that she's already told all her friends that we're moving in February. Talk about pressure on Mom and Dad! We'd BETTER make it happen this time! I'm confident that everything will work out in the nick of time.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:40 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,708 times
Hey you are about the same temp as here in Corinth at present... says 45 degrees. ENJOY!

I am about to have my morning oats, then grab my scythe and head out to the back field again for my morning mowing. I am really enjoying this... I love the idea of getting a gentle workout (honest, it's not HARD work!) for free while I accomplish something needful, like getting the field mowed down. Beats the heck out of going somewhere else, paying someone else money and getting exercise while the chores go ignored.

It has gotten to be "uggs" weather in the morning for me and the furnace kicked in once... though we have been using the aux. propane heater a bit in the computer room for K and to warm the bathroom now and again.

But yesterday I ended up in shirtsleeves -- minus sweatshirt -- about halfway through my mowing.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
what a day.... hope yours was less busy!

Michael got his driver's license today woo hoo! just made my life ten times easier, but my checkbook hasn't met the insurance company yet, so we'll see if I feel that way tomorrow.....

Katy didn't feel well, took her to the ER thinking viral meningitis (it's going around) and wow, she doesn't have it, but does have mono.... in my mind that's worse....

BUT that does mean that while I'm home with tendonitis I'll have company....

Jake and Michael had dentist appointments today.... braces are not always the friend of enamel--Michael has beautiful straight teeth with 5 little cavities in between the teeth and 2 on molars!! He's now armed with prescription toothpaste though that will help strengthen the enamel...hope it works quickly!

Oh, and Amy is taking someone out geocaching for the first time! He's gonna love it

So, I'm finally home for good and Bewitched is on!! My long lost friend I have missed you!! So glad that you'll make it to the meet and greet

How was everyone else's day?

Old 10-08-2008, 05:56 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,708 times
Molly, you HAVE had a day!

In comparison mine was totally laid back... a few hours of mowing with my scythe , painting on some hex signs I have on order, doing housework and putting stain on the 1x3s we got to put REAL trim around the windows in the trailer so we can use the "insider storm windows" -- you know, that plastic that you shrink with a hair dryer?

Tomorrow I go to Dover-Foxcroft with K for an appointment and I will take the camera to take some shots of Bobs to use for reference for two pages of illustrations for the kids book I am doing for the grand kids, to go with the moose...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine