Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,419,586 times

Advertisements

We HAVE to buy a jeep!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,337,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Quite often they're wearing a sweatshirt, work boots and tube socks with those shorts,.... if it's "cold".
yess... were pretty sexy looking creatures here in Maine.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,097,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
We HAVE to buy a jeep!

What did you see to make you say that? Did you see Brad's new 4 door?

and yes, no school here today btw! Can't believe you guys go on Veteran's Day! I think if you don't separate and designate holidays as something significant and special then society can begin to lose the value that the holiday has, you know what I mean? It's awful that you guys have school!

Last edited by mollysmiles; 11-11-2008 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: added more....

Old 11-11-2008, 09:35 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,011,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Well the deadline for the Museum book is this coming Monday. I collaborate with the museum director and work around her schedule.

The other two are personal projects.. one is a compilation (layout, add commentary) of the Words of Wisdom that I receive each morning... a years worth, this having been requested by numerous correspondents who have been reading this work online daily.

The other is a childrens book, for my grandkids (and possible wider distribution) to go with the stuffed moose I am sending them. The story of how the moose finds a friend, based loosely on reality (the story includes Bobs in Dover-foxcroft where I bought them and ends on Christmas day in a grandchild's home.) and the illustration is the hard part.

November is too busy a month, always, for me to even consider doing NaNo like many people I know...
One of my life goals has been to write and illustrate some children's books. I keep getting distracted or I get an idea then later pick it apart until I'm back to square one. Maybe it will just have to be a retirement goal.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,419,586 times
Saw your pic of the jeep crew on an outing. I don't want to miss out on all that fun!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 PM

lol... both of ours are in there That's in that memorial group for Aaron right? The blue one with the I Mud plate is us too

ok, Facebook update! A lot of us are over there, and we created a group so we're easy to find

Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
and yes, no school here today btw! Can't believe you guys go on Veteran's Day! I think if you don't separate and designate holidays as something significant and special then society can begin to lose the value that the holiday has, you know what I mean? It's awful that you guys have school!
We had school here as well. They hold a special assembly every year and this year they had 100 area vets come, along with the Gold Star Mothers from the area. As each vet entered they read off their their name, rank, What they did, and where they served. Along with remembering those from the area who left for service and never returned home. I think it is a wonderful way to drive home the importance of the day and in a way that most of us couldn't replicate if the kids had a day off.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:49 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Quote:
lol... both of ours are in there That's in that memorial group for Aaron right? The blue one with the I Mud plate is us too

ok, Facebook update! A lot of us are over there, and we created a group so we're easy to find
I haven't even looked at Facebook to tell the truth. I thought it was another My Space knockoff loaded with teens and pre-teens. Whoops, guess I was wrong. I'll have to check it out later tonight when I have a free minute, or twenty .

Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,462,440 times
Quote:

I can't believe you've found time to wander over here! I've been so busy in there, I've managed to accomplish nothing all day!

Just the gift giving alone has left me exhausted!

I never realized when Moughie requested me last year how much fun that can be. (and yes, addictive) I was amazed at how many people were on there that I already knew and am pleased to get to know fellow cd'ers in a different light.

I'm also thinking we might have lightened 7th & CG's work load a little!

Old 11-11-2008, 05:01 PM

oh Scott that would be great! My older kids do have it, but most of my friends in this area are on, and it's really great to check in and be in touch with the friends who are further away. It's faster and easier than an email, and because it is there can be daily contact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine