Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:26 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times

Advertisements

lol Peachie! It is awful getting off that island after the fireworks--that's the trouble with those wonderful causeways, one way on by car, one way off IF you decide to come down this year, you can hang out at the house--honest. Potty breaks, tired leg breaks, hang out til the fireworks breaks, and even hang out til the road clears breaks Having some place to go down there really helps Now, I've got to go....I've been trying to get off here for an hour and CD keeps calling my name---dang it. I think I need a 12 step program---or the internet to go down, one or the other!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 08:35 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
molly.......ohhhhhhhhhhhh mollllllllllllly............

Old 06-30-2008, 08:38 AM

yes! I'd love it if you came down!! Please Please Please! I'm not above begging

Katy and Amy just said they want Taylor to come....so now you at least have to give me Taylor!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
LOL I was just trying to lure you back so that you couldn't get to Step 1! My name is Robin and I'm an enabler.

Taylor is leaving for a few days. Kristin's on vacation and wants her little sister to visit. We're picking her up on Friday and have no idea what we're doing after that. I just told her Amy and Katy want her to come down and she thinks we should drive to Bangor first thing in the morning, pick her up and deposit her on your door step first thing in the morning. I imagine we will bring her down but it will not be that early!

I'll see what Steve says about timing.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:02 PM

106 posts, read 454,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Hey, well happy bday to you on the 4th.
Years ago,..........I always need a day to recover after our day out.
To me the Fourth is also a little depressing cause it seems like its just about the halfway point for summer. Before you know it the month is over and we all know what comes after that.......

Old 06-30-2008, 09:59 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,347 times
Talking Happy Fourth of July everyone!!! GREAT!!!

THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT THREAD PEACHIE!!

NORTHERN MAINE LAND MAN!!

WOW!! GREAT POST!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!

THE RIGHT THING TO DO.....

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!

ENJOY! CELEBRATE!! ALWAYS REMEMBER!!

LETS APPRECIATE WHAT WE HAVE!! AND THANK THOSE THAT

HAVE MADE IT ALL POSSIBLE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY!!!

I LOVE THE FOURTH OF JULY!!

MAY GOD BLESS THE USA!!

MAY GOD BLESS THE GREAT STATE OF MAINE!!

MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT HELP MAKE OUR

COUNTRY WHAT IT IS!!!

CHEERS TO MY MAINE FORUM FRIENDS!

:0):0) I LOVE THE GREAT USA!! :0) :0)

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
I'm a veteran and they asked me to give a talk. I found a kid who could play the flute and near the end of the festivities he played Yankee Doodle. As he got into the song he pointed to the tree line. I emerged from the trees wearing a tricornered hat, pullover muslin blouse, pantaloons and carrying a muzzle loader. I took to the podium and explained about the men at Lexington and Concord and about Dawes ride. His name didn't fit as well as Paul Revere's for Longfellow to immortalize. I told them about how resisting British tyranny was the right thing to do.

I told them about how Joshua Chamberlain and the Twentieth Maine held the line on the left flank at Gettysburg and saved our nation because it was the right thing to do. I named local names. I fired the muzzle loader and the whole audience jumped.

I told them about the Yankee Division in WW1 and WWII and how they stormed the beaches at Normandy because it was the right thing to do. I named local names. Then I took off the muslin shirt and pantaloons to show that I was wearing an olive colored one piece flight suit. I put on my old flight helmet. I told about how the pilots and soldiers fought in Korea and Vietnam. I named local names. I told them that every single helicopter pilot and crewman who fought in Vietnam was a volunteer because it was the right thing to do.

Then I took off the flight suit. Underneath I had on a work shirt and dungarees. I put on a ball cap and looked like anybody in the crowd. I told them we still had courageous patriots right here in Maine fighting for our rights and our homes against those who would take away those rights and drive us all out of Northern Maine. I told them that today's patriots were fighting for us right here in Maine because it was the right thing to do.

There was a very long pause. Maybe they were afraid I would take more clothes off. Maybe they were just stunned. I'm kind of a quiet guy. Maybe they thought I was going to fire the hand gun I was wearing because after all, carrying it is the right thing to do, but I didn't have any blanks. Then they started to clap and cheer and we all went off to eat. It was a pretty good Fourth of July.

That's what it means to me.

Last edited by countrylv22; 06-30-2008 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YA!!:0) :0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY! :0):0) HAPPINESS IS AN INSIDE JOB!! :0) :0) :0) PEACE!:0)

Old 07-01-2008, 01:47 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
Default 4th of July

I know it's only the 1st but EVERYONE have a happy and safe 4th!!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 AM

Happy Canada Day everyone! The fireworks shot off at Deer Island are watched and applauded by everyone around in Campobello, Eastport, Perry....and you could hear the clapping over the water. On the 4th, it repeats itself with the fireworks being set off across the bay in Eastport....and we can hear Deer Island and Campobello applauding...it's very nice

Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Happy Canada Day everyone! The fireworks shot off at Deer Island are watched and applauded by everyone around in Campobello, Eastport, Perry....and you could hear the clapping over the water. On the 4th, it repeats itself with the fireworks being set off across the bay in Eastport....and we can hear Deer Island and Campobello applauding...it's very nice
Now that's cool! Maybe next year!!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
It's 10:45 in the morning and I just got a strong urge for a Maine lobster. No, they DON"T 'scream" when put in boiling water, it's the air escaping from under the shell. I worked in a fish section of a supermarket years ago and that's how I found out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine