U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 PM

8,759 posts, read 11,738,926 times

Advertisements

I placed an as in the Uncle Henry's for two snowmobiles and a trailer this week. Yes I know it's late June but I didn't want the snowmobiles anymore and thought since the ad was free I had nothing to lose.
I got eight calls and three emails on those anowmobiles in two days! I couldn't believe it.
A man from Dexter came down and purchased them.
I never thought you could sell snowmobiles in the summer! Only in Maine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 02:17 PM

144 posts, read 484,402 times
I hadn't heard of Uncle Henry's (no real surprise there), I'm glad you mentioned it. Wow, what a great resource. I'll be sure it use it come house hunting time, and when we're ready to get the sheep and chickens we plan on keeping.
Thanks

Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 PM

It really is an amazing resource. I can't tell you how many things I have bought and sold through it over the years. I know I've bought guns, an antique kitchen wood stove, a snowmobile, two motorcycles, a moped,an ice auger, and lots more! it is "The Maine Bible" as they call it!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM

3,068 posts, read 5,376,985 times
I love Uncle Henry's. Have bought and sold horses through there, and other items as well. Got a couple of my dogs through their ads. I am going to miss it dearly when we move.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:50 AM

467 posts, read 1,213,378 times
One thing I'm noticing about Mainers is that they have their own special websites, like that one and MaineToday, which seem more popular that something like Craigslist. That's special.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:11 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,885,897 times
We've bought the kids first cars, my sons first bass boat and old snowmobiles back in the day. The best thing we ever got was during the ice storm of 98' was in the free to good home section - a lovely dalmation. We traveled quite a ways over the ice covered roads to get her. "Candy" was wonderful and my sons very best friend and fishing partner for years.
RIP Candy, old girl.

We used to all wait at the store on Thursdays at noon. Looking for goodies!

Old 06-28-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
We've bought the kids first cars, my sons first bass boat and old snowmobiles back in the day. The best thing we ever got was during the ice storm of 98' was in the free to good home section - a lovely dalmation. We traveled quite a ways over the ice covered roads to get her. "Candy" was wonderful and my sons very best friend and fishing partner for years.
RIP Candy, old girl.

We used to all wait at the store on Thursdays at noon. Looking for goodies!
The store up the road from us was getting their Uncle Henry's a day early as they had someone in the Post Office sorting them and bringing them on Wednesday. People complained and Uncle Henry's told them they wouldn't send them to them any more if they didn't put them out on Thursday like the rest of the state.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:04 AM

7,713 posts, read 7,909,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
The store up the road from us was getting their Uncle Henry's a day early as they had someone in the Post Office sorting them and bringing them on Wednesday. People complained and Uncle Henry's told them they wouldn't send them to them any more if they didn't put them out on Thursday like the rest of the state.
If you subscribe online, you get the listings a day earlier, (Wednesday).

Old 06-28-2008, 12:27 PM

6,320 posts, read 8,198,921 times
They are supposed to come out at noon on Thursdays, but they snip the binder at sunrise here. No, I won't blow their cover.

Anybody know where I can get a single bottom plow for a 3 point hitch? I have been watching Uncle Henry's for months.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
If you subscribe online, you get the listings a day earlier, (Wednesday).
Well technically it's Wednesday night after midnight so it is really Thursday morning.
I have been an online subscriber for four years now. When they first started the online thing it was available a day early but too many people complained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine