Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:14 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,390,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Guess how much I wish I were you right now!
Me too El. I'm a long way from home. Can't get there from here. Have fun Asta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 09:59 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,960 times
Glad you've arrived!
You took a nice route. The White Mtns and Bridgton area are personal favorites.
Hope you found a nice place to stay in B'wick...

Old 07-06-2008, 09:35 AM

230 posts, read 875,425 times
Hi everyone and thanks for your good wishes. I took a couple of days to relax and I really like it here so far. The weather has been great and as an added bonus, my brother from California was here when I arrived, so we got to spend a couple of days together before he left. We took a drive all the way to Land's End on Bailey Island and then ate at Cook's Lobster House, YUM! Yesterday I drove around myself and ended up at Wolfe Neck Woods State Park and watched the nesting ospreys for a little while, and hiked some. Also went to Bath to visit my stepfather and see what's over there. After this weekend I've got to concentrate on job-hunting. I've just been poking around trying to familiarize myself with the area. Like I said, so far it's been great!

Old 07-06-2008, 10:36 AM

278 posts, read 699,908 times
Hi!

Old 07-06-2008, 11:20 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Good luck on the job search! Keep us updated!!

Old 07-06-2008, 12:08 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,752,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta View Post
Hi everyone and thanks for your good wishes. I took a couple of days to relax and I really like it here so far. The weather has been great and as an added bonus, my brother from California was here when I arrived, so we got to spend a couple of days together before he left. We took a drive all the way to Land's End on Bailey Island and then ate at Cook's Lobster House, YUM! Yesterday I drove around myself and ended up at Wolfe Neck Woods State Park and watched the nesting ospreys for a little while, and hiked some. Also went to Bath to visit my stepfather and see what's over there. After this weekend I've got to concentrate on job-hunting. I've just been poking around trying to familiarize myself with the area. Like I said, so far it's been great!
So glad you have been taking time to see the sights, sounds and taste.
Wolfe Neck is such a beautiful place- do you happen to know if a webcam is pointed at the nest this year?
Best of luck to you!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:25 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,694,928 times
Asta, best of luck with your job search! I hope everything works out for you!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:27 PM

230 posts, read 875,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
So glad you have been taking time to see the sights, sounds and taste.
Wolfe Neck is such a beautiful place- do you happen to know if a webcam is pointed at the nest this year?
Best of luck to you!
Thanks! I don't know if there is a webcam there, and I didn't see any link to one on the Internet. When I was there, there were a group of people setting up some very expensive-looking photography equipment pointed at the nest, but I think they were shooting photos for a magazine.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice outing or scenic drive, someplace with easy access and not too far from Brunswick? I want to take my mom out somewhere. I would appreciate any suggestions!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:04 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,752,746 times
Does she enjoy the ocean? If so, Reid State Park is not too far from you. It is located on Seguinland Road in Georgetown, 13 miles from Route 1 in Woolwich (Take Route 127 south).

You could take her out to lunch at Cole Farms in Gray ( very tasty homemade food with a significant local following) and then drive over to New Gloucester and head up to the old Opportunity Farm. From there is an amazing vista of fields and valleys. Or follow Rte 26 to Sabbathday Lake and visit the Shaker Community - a lovely, peaceful and pastoral destination.

Wherever you end up, I am sure you will both enjoy yourselves!

Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 7,338 times
Ohhhh how I envy you. I lived in Maine for 20 years and the biggest mistake of my life was moving away. Now here I am stuck in Nevada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: