U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-26-2008, 06:14 AM

441 posts, read 547,507 times
Evening primrose oil helps me Of course, my husband is well-versed in this area, as he has 4 daughters from his first marriage. He's kind of happy that we now have two boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-26-2008, 06:25 AM

874 posts, read 1,116,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
Evening primrose oil helps me Of course, my husband is well-versed in this area, as he has 4 daughters from his first marriage. He's kind of happy that we now have two boys.
Fish oil works too. But try to get a 12 year old to swallow those pills. :P I've heard they have chocolate with it but fishy tasting chocolate could scar someone emotionally.

Unread 08-26-2008, 06:32 AM

2,059 posts, read 2,444,796 times
ew allmost lost one thismorning my youngest got cought in the hall alone and boom she got him cornerd him i could hear him yelling dad clear out side.so i went in ran upstairs and there she was pokeing him in the chest with her finger.she was crying and he was freek't out ''dad whats wrong with her'' all i askd was she done in the bathroom.the other 3 boys just stood there and watcht.my oldest said it was like watching the nature shows on tv she seperated him from the pack and pounced.after i got him away from her he looked at the older boys and says you guys suck thanks for the help.mom came up and took care of as my younger son says the she devil.i must have left out the part dont leav any man behind.

Unread 08-26-2008, 06:38 AM

7,378 posts, read 7,826,088 times
lol txmom! I'm sure he's grateful!! From DHs first round he has all boys, so coming in here with the girls has been an interesting experience for him. Poor guy

Gen I owe you rep too! I don't rep nearly enough so it takes forever for me to be able to come back to someone. I've done that whole "you hate me!!" thing too. It did take us a long time to realize that the oldest is just really out there when she PMSs.... in a scary way too. Just last spring we talked to her dr and told her exactly what was going on, and for how long it had been like this. She immediately diagnosed her with PMDD and put her on YAZ. Now it's more of a "normal" PMS that we see....and both girls go through it at the same time!! Thankfully her younger sister shows no signs of PMDD Hang in there! They do adjust and settled a bit as they get older

Unread 08-26-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
*sigh* I was standing in the public library today with my sobbing 12yo telling me I hate her. She was such a sweet little girl not so long ago.

We came home with no books for my two year old. A few for my 5 year old. Normally we get 15ish books. I had to beat a hasty retreat.

I know of what you speak Ranger.
hang in there its a scary thing.my wife says when this hapens i go into defencive mode and im jumpy and alert to my suroundings but im not much help to her.

Unread 08-26-2008, 07:29 AM

21,003 posts, read 24,889,263 times
These 'perimenopausal' things do not help either. My Dw's cycles vary from 2 weeks apart to sometimes 6 weeks apart. There is no scheduling of them, and it has been like this for 15 years now.

I just try to keep the hatches battened down, always.

You are very fortunate if you have a female who only has PMS every 28 days. It sets a maximum limit to how many you go through each year, and allows a disaster recovery period between the storms.

Unread 08-26-2008, 07:47 AM

7,685 posts, read 7,168,155 times
as I wipe the coffee off the keyboard............. I laughed so hard I was choking! Been there, done that........ little girls are like kittens, cute and playful but, sooner or later they show you their tail!

My brother has been having hormone treatments for prostate cancer. One of the side effects is hot flashes,.........he told me he now has more understanding for women. He also said he loves shopping and watching Oprah now. wise guy.

Unread 08-26-2008, 08:10 AM

3,069 posts, read 4,860,320 times
The worse thing in the world..... A woman who has PMS and a gun! LOL

Unread 08-26-2008, 08:17 AM

32 posts, read 31,343 times
the good thing about this whole episode is that DH was ready.he knew what to do and he didnt panick.he has 6 sisters so he is ready for any thing.when we first started dateing i useto have bad pms and he would go fishing or do something to get away.i calld my father this morning and said i was sorry for every thing i put him through as a teen.he said how do you like it.i didnt have any thing to say except im fine with it it's the boys that are haveing a problem.

Unread 08-26-2008, 05:40 PM

any man that has been cought off guard will tell you its like nothing they had ever seen or been through.the Mrs. cought me off guard once and i vowed never agine. i gess today was a good day no body was hurt and she wasnt crying.thats the worst part is the crying becouse im a man and i dont no what she is going through so i cant help.as much as id like to help theres is nothing i can do but stay out of the way and give her a hug when she needs one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine