Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:02 PM

264 posts, read 758,720 times

Advertisements

I have been waiting to say anything in fear of jinxing anything, (just in case something happened!) but the settlement paperwork is on its way to me right now as I type and will be arriving in the morning (here in NJ) so I can close from down here tommorrow. The sellers will be at the closing right up in Maine. I was not able to make it up there for closing due to many changes in the closing date last minute, and my college schedule since I have to finish off my semester down here in NJ. We saw this property and fell in love with the location and everything about it for what we wanted to start our lives in Maine. We can't just pack up and go yet, but we are playing it by ear until we can get all loose ends tied up down here and I graduate college very soon.

Our wedding is on October 18th, and we are coming up to Maine for our honeymoon and staying there. We'll be arriving Nov 1st and leaving Nov 9th.

There is a 3bedroom mobile and a 1 bedroom guest cottage on the property. The mobile is already all closed down for winter so we'll be staying in the cottage when we come up. We also plan on coming back up for Christmas break with the kids so they can see it before we end up moving. We are very excited! It is in Lowell, ME right outside of Lincoln.

Hopefully these pics worked... Here is our new little place we'll call home!
From Road
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/NJ_Jaime/MAINE/3PrebleRd.jpg (broken link)
Guest Cottage, Shed, Office/Workshop
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/NJ_Jaime/MAINE/maine085-1.jpg (broken link)
Front Yard
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/NJ_Jaime/MAINE/maine086.jpg (broken link)
Right behind mobile - yard
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/NJ_Jaime/MAINE/maine078.jpg (broken link)
AND... the thing the boys are super excited about.... They have already made drawlings and plans up on how to extend and make this tree fort bigger and better! LOL
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/NJ_Jaime/MAINE/maine082.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by NJ2ME; 09-29-2008 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: forgot to put captions with pics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 03:30 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,239,173 times
Looks nice! Where is it, and by the way, good luck and congrats.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 PM

139 posts, read 362,660 times
That is a very nice place!!! I love the land and lack of neighboors close by. I am situated very similarly and have plenty of land to play on.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:36 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,076,556 times
Congrats!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:39 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,380,434 times
How wonderful! Congratulations and "hurry home".

Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,647,215 times
Yay for you! Welcome to the best place to raise kids!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:11 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,875,681 times
Congratulations! Looks like you found a great place to call home

Old 09-29-2008, 04:34 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2ME View Post
I have been waiting to say anything in fear of jinxing anything, (just in case something happened!) but the settlement paperwork is on its way to me right now as I type and will be arriving in the morning (here in NJ) so I can close from down here tommorrow. The sellers will be at the closing right up in Maine. I was not able to make it up there for closing due to many changes in the closing date last minute, and my college schedule since I have to finish off my semester down here in NJ. We saw this property and fell in love with the location and everything about it for what we wanted to start our lives in Maine. We can't just pack up and go yet, but we are playing it by ear until we can get all loose ends tied up down here and I graduate college very soon.

Our wedding is on October 18th, and we are coming up to Maine for our honeymoon and staying there. We'll be arriving Nov 1st and leaving Nov 9th.

There is a 3bedroom mobile and a 1 bedroom guest cottage on the property. The mobile is already all closed down for winter so we'll be staying in the cottage when we come up. We also plan on coming back up for Christmas break with the kids so they can see it before we end up moving. We are very excited! It is in Lowell, ME right outside of Lincoln.

Hopefully these pics worked... Here is our new little place we'll call home!
From Road

Guest Cottage, Shed, Office/Workshop

Front Yard

Right behind mobile - yard

AND... the thing the boys are super excited about.... They have already made drawlings and plans up on how to extend and make this tree fort bigger and better! LOL
welcome to maine and congrats!!!!
i like the lincoln area,
be sure to check out one of my favorite grocery store's...steaknstuff off the old main street. (one of the finest meat departments in the state)

Old 09-29-2008, 04:45 PM

48,116 posts, read 21,996,081 times
A Warm Welcome to you and congratulations on your wedding and on your graduation and your finding your home! That is almost overload.....congratulations again and again and again.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,664,202 times
Nice place! Well kept and a tree house to boot! Gotta love it! Congratulations! and welcome home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine