U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 AM

5,661 posts, read 7,684,734 times

Advertisements

I look at all four of them and want to yell, "DO OVER!"

Old 10-03-2008, 09:44 AM

8,759 posts, read 11,567,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Yes, she's adorable. But adorable is not going to help her run this country if something happens to McCain (if they're elected at all of course).
You talk like running this country is s hard job that takes highly intelligent and articulate people to perform ...here's a couple of names to counter that notion....Bill Clinton and George W Bush!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Ain't that the truth! If this is the best the country has to offer we're all in trouble.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:47 AM

8,406 posts, read 11,017,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I agree.

I once heard Lewis Black say, "Every election, I think to myself: It can't possibly get any worse than this. And it does."

Well said.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I agree.

I once heard Lewis Black say, "Every election, I think to myself: It can't possibly get any worse than this. And it does."

Well said.
He's a riot! I like Lewis Black!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 PM

4,915 posts, read 7,438,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Thank you for bringing our attention to Joe Biden's performance. I was particularly impressed by his genuine decency and real family man qualities...he upholds fatherhood and sets an example of how to combine nurturing and strength. He came off as a "class act".

He also demonstrated interpersonal values.....he overlooked and didnt bother to correct Palin when she cited a civil war general as being the commander in Afganistan, and he overlooked her rambling non responses to questions and her petty and inaccurate jabs at his record and the record of Senator Obama. He even maintained his respectful attitude toward McCain while pointing out their differences.
Great post, elston, and so true. Rep points for you...

Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 PM

7,713 posts, read 7,803,016 times
Elston you wrote a wonderful post. I'd rep you if I could my friend. I just don't like McCain, I'm sorry. I think he's an angry little man that would cut anyones throat. His temper is historical. Palin is a pretty woman, that and her personal beliefs will garner her points on the fundamental front. Vice President of the P.T.A.? Yes. She's the one candidate (of the four in this POTUS race) that I'd like to have lunch with. She's got personality, and I have no issue with people of differant views than my own, but she's a Caribou Barbie.

Last edited by msina; 10-03-2008 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-03-2008, 02:33 PM

If Biden is so good why has he never won the endorsement from his party for President? Maybe they know he's not presidential material. I don't like Obama. He's a Junior Senator with no practical experience on anything. He will tax the crap out of us to support his leftist liberal welfare state agenda and we will see four years not unlike the Jimmy Carter years of gas lines, 18% interest on home mortgages (if they are available at all) and inflation through the roof.
If you think things are bad now just wait until Obama is elected...Plant a garden and learn to can food...

Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM

2,425 posts, read 2,809,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
If Biden is so good why has he never won the endorsement from his party for President? Maybe they know he's not presidential material.
Well, if he'd gotten up there in the debate, after 35 years in the Senate, and NOT have been polished and calm and full of "DC-speak" then something definitely would've been wrong. Anybody with 35 years on Capital Hill is going to make Palin look like a girl scout. She's from Alaska, for heaven's sake. But she's young, energetic, enthusiastic, and refreshing! When she grows up a bit, she will be a real asset to this country. She's not going to come across like Biden right now. But you know what? I wouldn't want her to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
If you think things are bad now just wait until Obama is elected...Plant a garden and learn to can food...
This election is between Tweedledum and Tweedledumber. Flip a coin. Either way, we all lose. I wondered why we couldn't have gotten better nominees this time to run. Heaven knows, we need a real leader this time around. But then I asked myself, "Who would want to be stepping into the mess we're in right now?"

This financial disaster will continue regardless of who wins. And whoever wins will lose, because he'll get blamed for it all. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 PM

34,065 posts, read 11,256,319 times
I think the reason Obama will win is that those of us who support him are very enthusiastic. I am excited to have the oppurtunity to be part of this historic election. From what I hear most of the Republicans are reluctantly voting for McCain as the least bad.

I feel Senator Obama is a unique and a once in a generation type of leader. His leadership transends the usual resume of compromising experiences, endurance and past failures; it derives from his vision, his inteligence, his communication skills, his capacity to empathize with the average citizen. He is an inspirational leader. JFK was such a leader, Lincoln was such a leader.....and to some degree Regean must have had some of that.....I didn't see it but he was beloved.

Biden is the perfect balance for Obama. He is as practical as Obama is inspired. They make a good team.

Can anyone in Maine or elsewhere say they are better off now than they were 8 years ago? Here on the maine thread we are already being encouraged to garden and put food by...based on the Bush economy! I am proud and happy to have the chance to vote for change to vote for a real leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine