U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-04-2009, 07:12 AM

2,993 posts, read 1,396,934 times
from a movie I watched last night... What do you call a 1000 lawyers chained to the bottom of the ocean.... a start
Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-05-2009, 05:16 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,411,979 times

Unread 01-05-2009, 05:23 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,411,979 times
Default Martha stewart's tips for maine rednecks

MARTHA STEWART'S TIPS FOR MAINE REDNECKS
PERSONAL HYGIENE
1. While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should be done in private using ones's OWN truck keys.
2. Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days. However, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.
3. Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a social no-no, as they tend to detract from a woman's jewelry and alter the taste of finger foods.
DINING OUT
1. When decanting wine, make sure that you tilt the paper cup, and pour slowly so as not to "bruise" the fruit of the vine.
2. If drinking directly from the bottle, always hold it with your fingers covering the label.
ENTERTAINING IN YOUR HOME
1. A centerpiece for the table should never be anything prepared by a taxidermist.
2. Do not allow the dog to eat at the table...no matter how good his manners are.
DATING (Outside the Family)
1. Always offer to bait your date's hook, especially on the first date.
2. Be aggressive. Let her know you're interested: "I've been wanting to go out with you since I read that stuff on the bathroom stall two years ago."
3. Establish with her parents what time she is expected back. Some will say 10:00 PM; Others might say "Monday." If the latter is the answer, it is the man's responsibility to get her to school on time.
THEATER ETIQUETTE
1. Crying babies should be taken to the lobby and picked up immediately after the movie has ended.
2. Refrain from talking to characters on the screen. Tests have proven they can't hear you.
WEDDINGS
1. Livestock, usually, is a poor choice for a wedding gift.
2. Kissing the bride for more than 5 seconds may get you shot.
3. For the groom, at least, rent a tux. A leisure suit with a cummerbund and a clean bowling shirt can create a tacky appearance.
4. Though uncomfortable, say "yes" to socks and shoes for this special occasion.
DRIVING ETIQUETTE
1. Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles; Even if the gun is loaded and the deer is in sight.
2. When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires always has the right of way.
3. Never tow another car using panty hose and duct tape.
4. When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer.
5. Never relieve yourself from a moving vehicle, especially when driving.
6. Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession.
TIPS FOR ALL OCCASIONS
1. Never take a beer to a job interview.
2. Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them.
3. It's considered tacky to take a cooler to church.
4. If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
5. Even if you're certain that you are included in the will, it is still considered tacky to drive a U-Haul to the funeral home.

Unread 01-05-2009, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
ayuh. That's funny right there.

Unread 01-06-2009, 04:07 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,757,504 times
It’s the University of Edinburg, a freshman anatomy class for med students and the professor is trying to give a lecture. During his speaking, there is a girl about 3 rows back. She is getting married in 4 months and is telling her friend next to her all about the wedding, the dresses, the honeymoon and every detail.

The professor gets angry and calls to her (you have to use a Scottish accent here). “Young lass in the 3rd row, can ya tell me, what part of the human anatomy, if properly stimulated, will grow to 10 times its normal size?” The girl is obviously embarrassed as blazes and can do nothing but turn red, stutter and stammer.

A girl in front raises her hand and the professor calls on her. “It’s the pupil in the eye, sir.”

“Absolutely correct” he says.

He turns back to the girl in the 3rd row and says “Lass, I can tell 3 things by the way ya dinnah answer ma question. First, ya dinnah read the lesson I assigned 2 days ago. 2nd, ya haven’t been listenin’ to a bloody word I been sayin up here. And 3rd, yer gonna be sadly disappointed on yer honeymoon!”

Unread 01-25-2009, 07:56 PM

2,059 posts, read 2,434,699 times
i heard this one this morning.took my dad shoping the other day (he's 85) and while we were out we grabd some lunch.as we are sitting there a young man sat down at the table next to us.he had spiked rainbow hair red yellow blue green.my dad just kept looking at him.every time the kid looked over he saw my dad just stairing.finaly the kid spoke up and said (what are you looking at havent you ever done any thing crazy in your whole live old man?)with out batting an eye my dad spoke up and said.(got drunk once had sex with a peacock and i was just wondering if you were my son.)

Unread 01-26-2009, 11:16 AM

You might be from a small town if...

1. You can name everyone you graduated with.

2. You know what 4-H is.

3. You ever went to a party that was held about 20 miles down a deserted dirt road.

4. You used to "drag main."

5. You said the 'F' word and your parents knew within an hour.

6. You schedule parties around the schedule of different police officers since you know which ones would bust you.

7. You ever went or thought about going cow-tipping.

8. School gets canceled for a sports team going to State.

9. You could never buy cigarettes cause all the store clerks knew how old you were.

10. When you did find someone old enough to buy smokes for you, you had to drive down country backroads to smoke them.

11. You never missed a Homecoming parade.

12. You still go home for Homecoming.

13. It was cool to date someone from a neighboring town.

14. You had a senior skip day.

15. The whole school went to the same party after graduation.

16. You can't help but date a friend's ex.

17. Your car is always filthy from the dirt backroads.

18. You think that kids who ride skateboards are
weird.

19. The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snotty" when it is just like your town.

20. Getting paid minimum wage is considered a raise.

21. You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980 as the "rich people."

22. The people in the big city dress funny then you pick up on the cool new trend two years later.

23. You bragged to your friends because you got pipes on your truck for your birthday.

24. On Fridays, anyone you want to find can be at Main Street or the local restaurants.

25. Weekend excitement involves a trip to Wal-mart.

26. Even the ugly people enter beauty contests.

27. You decide to walk for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask you if you need a ride.

28. Your teachers call you by your older sibling's name.

29. The closest "cool stores" are at least 45 miles away.

30. You laugh your head off reading this because you know it's true.

Unread 02-09-2009, 07:02 PM

21 posts, read 33,991 times
Default Actor David Caruso!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
are there blue-eyed red head italians? I just realized I'm italian! hmmm.... or maybe it was growing up Catholic?

(although the kids living at home part didn't apply to me.... hope it doesn't apply to my kids!)
Actor David Caruso has red hair and blue eyes. I believe he is half Italian and half Irish.

Unread 02-11-2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
from a movie I watched last night... What do you call a 1000 lawyers chained to the bottom of the ocean.... a start
What do you call 15 lawyers skydiving? Skeet. Probly all ready told on here. Ah well.

Unread 02-11-2009, 09:06 AM

1,080 posts, read 925,278 times
[SIZE=2]Important women's health issue [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Do you have feelings of inadequacy? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Do you suffer from shyness? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] or pharmacist about Margaritas. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Margaritas are the safe, natural way to feel better and more[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] confident about yourself and your actions. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Margaritas can help ease you out of your shyness and let you[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] You will notice the benefits of Margaritas almost immediately[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] and with a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] prevent you from living the life you want to live.. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] living, with Margaritas. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Margaritas may not be right for everyone. Women who are[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] pregnant or nursing should not use Margaritas. However, women who[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Side effects may include: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Erotic lustfulness [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Loss of motor control [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Loss of clothing [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Loss of money [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Loss of virginity [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Attraction to the same sex [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Table dancing [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Headache [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Dehydration [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Dry mouth [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] And a desire to sing Karaoke [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] WARNING: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you are[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] whispering when you are not. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to tell your friends[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] over and over again that you love them. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to think you can[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] sing. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you can[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting. [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine