U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:18 AM

15 posts, read 34,216 times
Default Adult sport leagues

As posted before, I'm looking to move to the New England area within a year or two. I love nature and the outdoors, so I believe it will be perfect for me. Anyway, I've seen a lot of posts about children's sports and things like that - but are there co-ed adult sports leagues too? I love to play sports and it would be great if there were organized sports leagues in the communities.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 02:31 PM

2,975 posts, read 3,285,374 times
Well, I like "adult" sports, but I usually play indoors. I'm not sure about this "league" thing either, I might get performance anxiety, especially if they're keeping score.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:46 PM

15 posts, read 34,216 times
I don't necessarily mean a formal league like the kids play in, not for scoring just for fun. I guess I just wanted to know if adults play sports in a team fashion. I love to play soccer and baseball/softball, flag football, and things like that. I'm sure if you have enough friends that are interested in playing, then you can always get a team of your own going - but since I'm going to be new in town, I just wanted to see if there was something already like that in place.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM

2,975 posts, read 3,285,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheat07 View Post
I don't necessarily mean a formal league like the kids play in, not for scoring just for fun. I guess I just wanted to know if adults play sports in a team fashion. I love to play soccer and baseball/softball, flag football, and things like that. I'm sure if you have enough friends that are interested in playing, then you can always get a team of your own going - but since I'm going to be new in town, I just wanted to see if there was something already like that in place.

Maybe I should have put some smilies in there, that was a joke...mainly because I don't have a clue and this looked like a good place for a smile. I'm not much interested in "organized" sports, and even if I were I have more important things to do with my time- working, cutting and splitting wood so I can stay warm this winter, etc. etc....oh, and hanging out on internet message boards.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:39 PM

5,644 posts, read 7,457,462 times
There are bowling, softball and basketball leagues in the Calais/Topsfield areas. I play women's rec volleyball.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:54 PM

2,059 posts, read 2,580,069 times
no sports leagues up my way, unless you think beer swillen gun shootin and pi!@#$ your neighbors of a sport.if you do then im all pro.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:04 AM

4,104 posts, read 4,090,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Well, I like "adult" sports, but I usually play indoors. I'm not sure about this "league" thing either, I might get performance anxiety, especially if they're keeping score.

OMG!! I almost wet myself! You really need to have a disclaimer to warn folks when you're going to be this funny.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:05 AM

4,104 posts, read 4,090,142 times
How about a men's hockey league in Eastport? DH would love that!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:24 AM

81 posts, read 106,982 times
I know that there are softball leagues in Waterville and I believe Augusta. I have several co-workers that participate.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:34 AM

3,068 posts, read 5,167,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
no sports leagues up my way, unless you think beer swillen gun shootin and pi!@#$ your neighbors of a sport.if you do then im all pro.
My kind of sports!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine