Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,079,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
You can get them to replant an aple tree... or any tree. they only have to prune the branches. They have had to replant some blue spruces at the subdivision that my wife has some property in.
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try to hit them up for several years of lost production too.

I don't even get to burn it, they only left a couple of pieces that were too big to fit in the chipper. I am soooooooooooo p*ssed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,079,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
You're absolutely right Austin Zymer, I think you should get on the phone.... when we lived in Hermon we were CMP customers and some friends of ours on the Bog Road had this problem. It turned out that the crew who did the cutting had done this in the past, and had been warned. It was my understanding that CMP is very concerned about customer service, and they don't take things like this lightly. Good luck
Thanks, I'm going to send them a letter, and tell them they can forward an offer of settlement to my lawyer for him to review.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:25 AM

112 posts, read 283,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
They drive Volvos and Mercedes...I doubt they're casing the place...
When My daughter was in Pop Warner cheerleading ,our town was playing Dorchester Mass. at home .
I noticed a little police action in the parking lot ??
Asked the cop on duty , what was going on ?
It seems that some parents from the other team , were driving a stolen mercedes.
Bob

Old 10-31-2008, 08:53 AM

14 posts, read 36,483 times
My husband does appraisals for banks (for the homeowners that are refinancing, or potential homebuyers, generally). He always has to photograph the outside of the home from multiple angles, and the street (and streetsign if it's there!) and sometimes they request that he take pictures of the "view" from the house, which could be "your" house! Rarely does he need to tread on someone elses property (other than any "commmon" area, like the road for instance), and if he does need to to get the photos needed, he asks, if there are people around (he isn't going into people's back yards, garages, barns, etc.) if not, then he does the best he can and lets the bank know what he could/could not get.
Usually if he gets chased off it's by the HOMEOWNER WHO IS TRYING TO GET THE LOAN!!! Even when he explains what he's doing. Which is for their benefit..... he's providing the appraisal on their property so the bank can give them that loan...

Old 10-31-2008, 08:57 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIMAINER View Post
My husband does appraisals for banks (for the homeowners that are refinancing, or potential homebuyers, generally). He always has to photograph the outside of the home from multiple angles, and the street (and streetsign if it's there!) and sometimes they request that he take pictures of the "view" from the house, which could be "your" house! Rarely does he need to tread on someone elses property (other than any "commmon" area, like the road for instance), and if he does need to to get the photos needed, he asks, if there are people around (he isn't going into people's back yards, garages, barns, etc.) if not, then he does the best he can and lets the bank know what he could/could not get.
Usually if he gets chased off it's by the HOMEOWNER WHO IS TRYING TO GET THE LOAN!!! Even when he explains what he's doing. Which is for their benefit..... he's providing the appraisal on their property so the bank can give them that loan...
You're probably right. The only thing is we can barely see the house across the way. It's a few hundred yards up the street from us. That really doesn't explain why they were out behind my house taking pictures of it from the rear?? I thought that was pretty odd.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:07 PM

This just keeps getting weirder.
Today I was going through a patch of woods behind the house looking for any sign I had hit a deer I took a long shot at last night before dark. I saw something black with a metal top leaning against a tree and when I picked it up it turned out to be a professional camera tripod wrapped in black cloth.
What it was doing in the woods behind the house is anyone's guess. By the looks of it it had been there for a while. The black cloth had been taped to two of the legs in an effort to hide the tripod when it was set up. I have no idea why it was there and what it was being used for!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
Ya know, that's just kinda creepy. Maybe you should call the PD?

Old 11-11-2008, 02:50 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,011 times
I agree. It's time for law enforcement to come out. If it's nothing, they'll tell ya. But if someone is stalking or watching you from inside your property lines, then you really need to let the police know what is going on.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I agree. It's time for law enforcement to come out. If it's nothing, they'll tell ya. But if someone is stalking or watching you from inside your property lines, then you really need to let the police know what is going on.
I think I'll check with my kids before I call the PD. I never owned this type of tripod though so I don't know where it could have come from.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:06 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I think I'll check with my kids before I call the PD. I never owned this type of tripod though so I don't know where it could have come from.
You have kids?! All the more reason to involve law enforcement. At least so they have a record of shenanigans on your land. I agree, check with your kids and perhaps their friends, but if they know nothing, I wouldn't be comfortable ignoring it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine