Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 02:00 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,136,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
Did someone say ratt?

That's "rat" with one "t" deary...no offense (and no direct reference)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 02:17 PM

37,239 posts, read 60,963,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
True, very true, but I like to make the rat have to perform a few tricks before they can access and steal the cheese personally.
I have seen cheese poisoned just to make it more interesting.

Quote:
... I guess it's my "vindictive" side. I am "death" on two things: lying and stealing - and I absolutely agree that the crum responsible should have to pay the consequences. The problem lies in catching him and holding him accountable.
SSS

Old 03-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,333,028 times
Locks are like seat belts. By the time you realize you need them, it's too late.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:03 AM

4 posts, read 4,249 times
Im from new jersey and I visit Maine around the bangor area every year. I personally think you people are crazy not locking your doors or car at night,being from down here it's just habit I supose. When I visit Maine it feel like a diffrence world everyones nice, theres no traffic and no gangs that i seen. Now im not saying there probally isn't gangs up there because there is gangs everywere but from what i seen it a very nice place

Old 12-04-2010, 11:23 AM

37,239 posts, read 60,963,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ice View Post
Im from new jersey and I visit Maine around the bangor area every year. I personally think you people are crazy not locking your doors or car at night,being from down here it's just habit I supose. When I visit Maine it feel like a diffrence world everyones nice, theres no traffic and no gangs that i seen. Now im not saying there probally isn't gangs up there because there is gangs everywere but from what i seen it a very nice place
"... there is gangs everywere ..." This is not a true statement.

You live in an urban area where to your perception it appears that gangs are everywhere.

In fact gangs are not everywhere.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:52 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,516,822 times
Been here 45 years and there was one incident that I can remember in all that time that "might" have involved a gang. Police keep close watch now on those particular individuals. I lock my car at night when it's in the driveway but don't feel the need to during the day in my particular neighborhood.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:50 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,021,967 times
Quote:
Im from new jersey and I visit Maine around the bangor area every year. I personally think you people are crazy not locking your doors or car at night
I think a cost benefit analysis is in order here.

Crime in Maine does happen, even horrific crime.

So even if the chances of oneself or one's family being the victim of such a crime are one in a million, isn't it wise to take precautions--especially when the precaution takes as little effort as locking your house or car doors?

Sure--it may be extremely unlikely anyone would be the victim of such a crime, but it would be more than extremely horrible if anyone were. Cost to benefit favors locking the doors at the very least.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:59 PM

19,959 posts, read 30,011,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Been here 45 years and there was one incident that I can remember in all that time that "might" have involved a gang. Police keep close watch now on those particular individuals. I lock my car at night when it's in the driveway but don't feel the need to during the day in my particular neighborhood.
I'm bad at this, i dont think i've locked my car in the 18 yrs ive been here, and very rarely do i lock the house- but, maybe it's time to err on the side of caution.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,852,840 times
Quote:
Usually, we can tell the folks from away without even looking in their direction; the chirp of the car alarm.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:01 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,374,105 times
When I live back there, I leave my key in the ignition but still lock my door. I figure if someone wants my car, it would be for a joy ride or an emergency. And I'd more than likely get my car back. So glass can be replaced easily but a pulled out/stove up ignition would cost a lot. I would hope that by leaving the key, the perp would not trash it too badly.

And no, I'm not going to tell you where I sometimes live when in Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine