Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
An interesting thing happens when discussing females.

You offend one female, while other females give you rep points.

Some topics you just can't win.
Fickle things ain't they!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I did not want to be too far Off-Topic in that other thread. So I cut/pasted it here instead.

Last night B hosted a rolling pin event at our home. While I was outside tending livestock, the ladies were in our kitchen making things. Well apparantly one of the ladies desired a drink, so B offered her a 'Libra cuba' [rum and coke], from my private decanted batch of 'rum'. Now for some reason [which I am sure includes spacial anomalies and time distortion] B assumed that I had not fortified that 'rum', when it was decanted. [It has been my habit for some years to fortify my rum 50/50 with everclear to give it a bit of hair.]

And apparantly as B was pouring the rum, this young lady asked B to make it a stiff drink.

When I returned inside. I made observation that this young lady seemed overly happy, loud and loopy. And it was told to me that she had been served a 'stiff' Libra Cuba.

I asked if the rum in her Libra Cuba came from any of the fresh bottles of rum we had, or if it came from my open decanter.

About then it became apparant to B what she had done.

I explained to this fine young lady that the reason why she could no longer stand was that she had consumed Everclear fortifed 'rum'.

It did make for a much more interesting evening.

That's the spirit forest! Get 'em hammered and lug them out to the goat pen for a little fun!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 PM

Well moughie where are you . It seems the rest of the forum has gone to bed! And it isn't even 11:00 yet!

Old 12-09-2008, 02:59 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Default Biddeford man killed in plane crash

I saw this on my local news down here yesterday but didn't know any of the names. 2 planes collided out over the Everglades near me but they hadn't released the names yet as of last night.

Apparently the name was made public up there last night.

WCSH6.com | Portland, ME | Biddeford Man Dies In Fla. Plane Crash (http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=97094&catid=2 - broken link)

Plane crashes out over the Everglades happens all too often and are very difficult to get to. They have to use air boats to get to the victims. It takes a long time to do an investigation due to the location of crash scene. That and the those gators out there tend to become a problem too.

Very sad for the young mans family in Biddeford.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
I saw this on my local news down here yesterday but didn't know any of the names. 2 planes collided out over the Everglades near me but they hadn't released the names yet as of last night.

Apparently the name was made public up there last night.

WCSH6.com | Portland, ME | Biddeford Man Dies In Fla. Plane Crash (http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=97094&catid=2 - broken link)

Plane crashes out over the Everglades happens all too often and are very difficult to get to. They have to use air boats to get to the victims. It takes a long time to do an investigation due to the location of crash scene. That and the those gators out there tend to become a problem too.

Very sad for the young mans family in Biddeford.
That's terrible. Accidents still happen even though the safety record of air travel is way up.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
txmom-
Quote:
DH and I were over on Maineiac Ave today, stocking up on canned goods. I saw a very nice lady there, Forest (Your lovely wife)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spose View Post
I saw Maineiac Ave (seen this before in a post or two) and thought this was a joke, sort of a cutesy referrence to a street you shop at. I googled it just for the hell of it and found that yes many of you might shop there, but the joke's on me, it really is a street! I lived in Maine for over 25 years ferchrissake. Western Maine, sure, but I flew to Bangor once and traveled through/near Bangor several times and probably have heard or seen the name then but never realized it was a real street. I probably shouldn't even be admitting this, 'cause I feel a little toopid. But this just kind of blew me away. I like the name, though. And I really really am from Maine.
My Dw works in a grocery that is located on Mainiac Ave in Bangor.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
That's the spirit forest! Get 'em hammered and lug them out to the goat pen for a little fun!
A hammered young lady in a goat pen in the snow?

uh, no thanks.

I dont mind getting hammered from time to time, or nightly, which ever comes first.

Young ladies, I like.

Goats are cool.

Snow is okay.

But together, no.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:55 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Thanks so much for all the birthday notes I've gotten this morning!

Guess what else I got for my birthday........besides the new David Cook cd my kids picked out for me and the super cozy "Snuggle Suit" Brad ordered me from Penny's.........SNOW in the forecast for this evening! Not kidding!! Of course, I'll believe it when I see it. We won't get out of the 30s today, and they've already had reports of sleet. That's a nice birthday!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:00 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Thanks so much for all the birthday notes I've gotten this morning!

Guess what else I got for my birthday........besides the new David Cook cd my kids picked out for me and the super cozy "Snuggle Suit" Brad ordered me from Penny's.........SNOW in the forecast for this evening! Not kidding!! Of course, I'll believe it when I see it. We won't get out of the 30s today, and they've already had reports of sleet. That's a nice birthday!
Happy BirthdayTammy! I was just about to wander over to your FB page and wish you the same! Enjoy your day and have fun snuggling in your new suit!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:58 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
Happy Birthday Tammy.
I hope you celebrate in a big way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine