Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 12:36 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,367,859 times

Advertisements

LOL! I hope I'm not bidding against you!!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:53 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,661,437 times
LOL! I hope not either! I'll forfeit if I win, since you're actually going to be living there...

Old 01-26-2009, 01:07 PM

If I'm the one bidding against you, you won't win! I tend to be ruthless on Ebay. That's why I was asking! I'd hate to sweep the feet out from under a friend! All I'm still bidding on is a set of snow bibs for Victoria in girls size 10.

I'm SOOOO lost on shopping for boots for myself. Who the hell knew there were so many choices! Not me, apparently. I have no clue what to look for except waterproof and lined. I don't know about the various linings, so I've been sitting here for about an hour and a half READING! I'm about to give it up. I have packing to do. I just don't want to show up in Maine in my sandals! You'd laugh if you saw my shoe closet, knowing I'll be in Maine in a month. I'm definitely not prepared! I have at least 25 pairs of shoes....most with open toes.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,661,437 times
Nope, we're not bidding against each other then. Different sizes for my girls.

I think you're on the right track. Most important thing to look for in boots is waterproof and lined. You can always wear several pairs of thick socks to keep your feet warm. When we still lived in WI, I always bought boots one size bigger, just so I could wear thick socks.

We actually got 6 inches of snow here in NC last week! It was wonderful, and made us realize just how much we miss winter weather. When we moved to NC, I got rid of snow pants and snow bibs since I knew we would rarely, if ever, need them. Well, we needed them last week. We didn't even have boots, so we ran out the morning of the "big snow" and bought some clearance boots at Walmart to get us through. Schools were shut down for 2 full days and 1 half day. Since my kids are on a year-round school schedule, they had to make up the snow day on Saturday, which they were not happy about. At least they got to have a blast in the snow for 2 whole days before it melted. We can't wait to have real winters again! Can't happen soon enough!

Old 01-26-2009, 01:25 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,334,020 times
No hay for deer. They cannot properly digest it. But they love apples.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:27 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,334,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post

I'm SOOOO lost on shopping for boots for myself. Who the hell knew there were so many choices! Not me, apparently. I have no clue what to look for except waterproof and lined. I don't know about the various linings, so I've been sitting here for about an hour and a half READING! I'm about to give it up. I have packing to do. I just don't want to show up in Maine in my sandals! You'd laugh if you saw my shoe closet, knowing I'll be in Maine in a month. I'm definitely not prepared! I have at least 25 pairs of shoes....most with open toes.
You might want to bring those open toe shoes to wear in the summer.

Just get some winter boots, don't worry about looks. Though snowmobile boots tend to be a bit warm to wear to the grocery store. LOL

Do not get leather soles! A very good way to bust your a$$ets on the ice.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 PM

How about something like this?

WOMENS TIMBERLAND SNOW BASIN ZIP BROWN BOOT SZ 9.5 - eBay (item 180322605165 end time Jan-28-09 09:00:02 PST)

Old 01-26-2009, 01:55 PM

37,246 posts, read 60,976,905 times
Quote:
I just bought my kiddos snow suits on Ebay at a VERY good price, compared to online retail stores like LL Bean and Lands End. I also got my son a pair of snow boots, new with tags still on, for $1.04 plus $6 something shipping. Can't beat that!

I've been shopping on line for their winter gear, and most of the less expensive stores I'm checking having already cleared most of it out. That's when I always turn to Ebay!
It is not hard to beat LLBean or Lands End, just about anywhere should have lower prices.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:59 PM

37,246 posts, read 60,976,905 times
Quote:
If I'm the one bidding against you, you won't win! I tend to be ruthless on Ebay. That's why I was asking! I'd hate to sweep the feet out from under a friend! All I'm still bidding on is a set of snow bibs for Victoria in girls size 10.

Not to insult anyone, but Walmart has a wide selection.

My Dw gets a new pair of boots from Redwing every year, provided by her employer.

But other than that we get our 'winter' boots from Walmart.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:09 PM

Forest, what kind of boots do you get at WM? Our stores only have men's work boots and light weight hiking boots. The "winter" boots for women are little cutsie things made of the thinnest suede I've ever felt. I'm sure the selections there are much different. I'm just concerned they'll all be cleared out by the time we get there, so I'm trying to buy ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine