U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 05:43 PM

6,138 posts, read 7,820,627 times
"The first thing that irratated me was realtor sites that searched by name of town, i can't imagine a more limited way of doing things, suppose you wern't from the area.then you have to go get a list of all towns and go one by one and then be aware of the town lines, i don't think so."

It's even worse than that. The towns in more than 52% of the state of Maine don't even appear on the MLS or Realtor.com. If you do a search by type of property like a 4 bedroom with garage on more than 25 acres the property might show up as being in "Unorganized Pis". Does this sound like a desirable place to live? Many prospective buyers just click off that one and keep looking. Actually the town could be quite nice, but the state doesn't want people to be able to find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 06:24 PM

722 posts, read 950,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
" If you do a search by type of property like a 4 bedroom with garage on more than 25 acres the property might show up as being in "Unorganized Pis". Does this sound like a desirable place to live? Many prospective buyers just click off that one and keep looking. Actually the town could be quite nice, but the state doesn't want people to be able to find it.
Why ? Do they want them in an area where taxes would be higher?

Old 01-20-2009, 06:47 PM

6,138 posts, read 7,820,627 times
Yes indeed. The goal of the Maine State Planning Office is for everybody to live in government approved apartments in "core service communities". The program to drive everybody out of country towns is called "rural cleansing". It is just as vicious as ethnic cleansing in places like Bosnia.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 PM

10 posts, read 12,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Yes indeed. The goal of the Maine State Planning Office is for everybody to live in government approved apartments in "core service communities". The program to drive everybody out of country towns is called "rural cleansing". It is just as vicious as ethnic cleansing in places like Bosnia.
What is that? Core service community? Are you just jokin? It sounds like George Orwell 1984. If thats the case the "Maine state Planning Board" needs to be cleansed. (CLOSED)

Old 10-29-2009, 09:30 AM

14,345 posts, read 13,258,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebo99 View Post
What is that? Core service community? Are you just jokin? It sounds like George Orwell 1984. If thats the case the "Maine state Planning Board" needs to be cleansed. (CLOSED)
He's not joking and it's not just Maine. It's elitist, radical environmentalists behind it who have gotten into many government agencies across the U.S.. These elitists are waging a war on rural Americans, attempting to drive them out either directly (confiscating land and making it a park) or indirectly (wipe out the local economy through regulation or taxes). They may have failed so far to make Northern Maine a national park but they have not given up on their idea.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:44 AM

172 posts, read 211,441 times
Actually, Unorganized areas were the first place I have been looking. Because they may not have all the amenities, figure that the prices of land etc might be lower. But that is just me I guess.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:05 AM

3,439 posts, read 3,049,586 times
Be very very sure that your wife will be happy with "winter" because Northern Maine has very long ones.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 AM

21,664 posts, read 27,608,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He's not joking and it's not just Maine. It's elitist, radical environmentalists behind it who have gotten into many government agencies across the U.S.. These elitists are waging a war on rural Americans, attempting to drive them out either directly (confiscating land and making it a park) or indirectly (wipe out the local economy through regulation or taxes). They may have failed so far to make Northern Maine a national park but they have not given up on their idea.
I recently attended an event where some of those folks had stalls. I even picked up a few of their brochures.

Wow!

They had petitions they were trying to get folks to sign, basically letters to legislators expressing the desire for more of Maine to be 'protected' for 'primitive uses' [non-motorized uses], and / or restricted access [for sight-seeing hikers but no fishing, no hunting, and nothing motorized].

Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medievalbooks View Post
Actually, Unorganized areas were the first place I have been looking. Because they may not have all the amenities, figure that the prices of land etc might be lower. But that is just me I guess.
Cool.

We like Unorganized-Townships too.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Be very very sure that your wife will be happy with "winter" because Northern Maine has very long ones.
In some cases it is the wife insisting that the move is made to Northern Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine