Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:27 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,181,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
This would be a different situation then knowingly going into an establishment were men served their customers while topless, unless it was a beach theme. The individual guy may not care, but if word got out that he voluntarily went to a coffee shop with half nude man servers, he would never here the end of it.
what if he had his wife with him?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:31 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,332,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
on one hand i can see your point,people think of maine as a sweet whoulsome state where nothing like this should happen and every thing should be allmost prefect.but on the other hand most people dont see or want to see the seedy under side of maine far worse things are hapening in maine then the topless coffee shop.i look at it this way this is maine and we are part of USA and for being part of that we all have the right to do most any thing we want (with in the law) if some one wants to open a topless coffee shop,or a strip club go for it. then you get people who say i dont want that in my town or what ever. my answer to them is dont go in.if they dont go in they cant get offended.if a woman wants to get a job serving coffee topless its her choice no one is makeing her work their.just becouse she is topless dont make her a bad person.and if they are worried about the so called riff raff that hang out at those kinda places.they are the same people you see every day on the streets wave and say hi to.so i gess im done but think of this kids see more things on tv nowa days and they dont even have to leave the house.have you heard the music they lisen to .id worry about tv and radio.befor worrying about a coffee shop.
I wanted to rep you but have to spread it around...so here is your Rep.

High 5s!!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:35 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,429,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
I wanted to rep you but have to spread it around...so here is your Rep.

High 5s!!
I got him for you and I both!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,320,588 times
Quote:
I will leave the whole objectifying women thing out of this, but I am concerned with one aspect that this place will foster; creepy men. Strippers, at least the smart ones, have body guards, and for good reason. The potential for lewd comments towards women (yeah, I know what some of you men are thinking; they are topless, so there fore they are asking for it and it is part of the job so they do not mind) are high, let alone that one creep who is going to feel the need to hang out in front of the store while they are closing.

The topless donut shop in Westbrook is part of the strip club. And you better believe that they have their own security.

I dunno. Just my thoughts. I have no problem with this sort of business as long as everyone involved fully understands the risks and takes appropriate actions.
eeek... creepy men.

Quote:
DW would get pi#$t if she see me working there with no shirt on and some strange woman fondeling and drooling over me or tuckin dollar bills in my carrhart's.
Yesss,
I'm sure she would be alittle upset.
Messing around with your carharts would stress out any woman.
(*You made me laugh out loud Ranger) hehe Thanks~

I'm a women of long ago.. and today.(*pretty cool huh)
~*starts to fade back in time for a moment~
Just like in grade school...
I wanted to be equal with the boys when it came to sports and being able to drive a "3 wheeler" thru trails as fast as the rest.... so where are the naked man cafe's?

Women probably want there coffees served to them with out all the extra's on. I don't know.. last thing I want to think about is naked with my coffee...
....... usually it's I gotta get dressed and get a move on or I'll be LATE.

(Besides, I went to med school) and I still wonder why a guy goes ( gets excited) and leaves feeling ~ .. ya know.
That can be sometimes worse- for what I know on that subject
That to has a name and it's not all that well for the well being.
* just somethings in life still don't make sense to me.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:56 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,181,925 times
so why dont some one open one for the lady's.and the dudes could serve coffee topless.a good name for it would be dunlaps.why? becouse the dudes that work at the coffee shop.their belly has dun laped over their belt.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:07 PM

37,241 posts, read 60,963,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom View Post
Darn, I was searching for a job, and I see where Vassalboro is an hour and a half commute from home...oh well, 34A probably wouldn't cut it, anyway
Mmm, I have seen your smile

I am sure that you would draw a large crowd of customers.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:10 PM

37,241 posts, read 60,963,154 times
Quote:
What I am getting at is do you want to see your aging Aunt Tilly's rack? Or something with a little less miles on it?
'miles' effect the soles of a shoe, not Great Aunt Tilly's Titilators.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:10 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,320,588 times
Quote:
so why dont some one open one for the lady's.and the dudes could serve coffee topless.a good name for it would be dunlaps.why? becouse the dudes that work at the coffee shop.their belly has dun laped over their belt.
Somehow ladies with out there shirts is a bit different then guys with out there's.

All summer, we see that kind of exposer.

It's not to common to see ladies strolling on a hot day with out a shirt or something. So0ooo theres a bit different.

Maybe if they cut holes in there "attire in places then that would "=" the cause.
Okayyyy I'm tired.. and I'm heading to bed before I type out things I can't take back in the morn.
Night all....~topless bedtime.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,327,755 times
Quote:
Darn, I was searching for a job, and I see where Vassalboro is an hour and a half commute from home...oh well, 34A probably wouldn't cut it, anyway
34A? I'm a 38Long!

Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,776,332 times
Quote:
it would on a cold day.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine