Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times

Advertisements

lol.... I can read that and have a really good guess who the person in the office is! Definitely "home"! And tinbender you'll appreciate this--Katy, my 15 year old, and I saw "Hubba" at Wal-Mart Saturday. I was telling her about having to come home and clean shrimp, and we did the chatting in the aisle thing. After we parted, Katy said "who was that?" and I said "Hubba" and then it took me two or three minutes to remember her "real" name!

I took the puppy to the vet yesterday for her boosters (hopefully they won't boost her growth! she's almost 30 pounds at 17 weeks!) Anyway, I ended up chatting to the vet for 20 minutes after her appointment.... he remembered Jenny, the Border Aussie we adopted in August, and asked how she was, then asked if the Lab gained any weight over the winter, and asked about the corgi mix and her arthritis. We had this conversation while he sat on the floor and played with the puppy. I'm sure he looked it all up somewhere, but I know he remembered Jenny just from some of the things he said. I so like the casual, comfortable feeling with those types of appointments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 07:00 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,541,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I took the puppy to the vet yesterday for her boosters (hopefully they won't boost her growth! she's almost 30 pounds at 17 weeks!) Anyway, I ended up chatting to the vet for 20 minutes after her appointment.... he remembered Jenny, the Border Aussie we adopted in August, and asked how she was, then asked if the Lab gained any weight over the winter, and asked about the corgi mix and her arthritis. We had this conversation while he sat on the floor and played with the puppy. I'm sure he looked it all up somewhere, but I know he remembered Jenny just from some of the things he said. I so like the casual, comfortable feeling with those types of appointments.
The same vet came to my house to put two animals down for me, catered to Steve (I left, the only time I've not stayed through that) and was very, very caring. I got a sympathy card in the mail before I got the bill. He's also the vet who saved our 30 pound cat when the dummy ate a string that sawed through his intestine, and he agreed to take payments.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:05 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times
awww.... things like that mean a lot.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:00 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,538 times
I'm glad to know that Oscar will receive such personal care when we get to Maine!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:07 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Seems the whole neighborhood decided to get outside for a walk this morning. There was a brand new mercedes van in our driveway, and many paused to give it "the once over". I got an inquiring call from next door just as the van left. My brother was up for a visit from "below the Volvo Line". Last time he was here it was his wife's new mercedes sedan. Guess I'm the "poor relation". I betcha by the time he hit the road the majority on the road knew who it was.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:38 PM

467 posts, read 1,125,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
The same vet came to my house to put two animals down for me, catered to Steve (I left, the only time I've not stayed through that) and was very, very caring. I got a sympathy card in the mail before I got the bill. He's also the vet who saved our 30 pound cat when the dummy ate a string that sawed through his intestine, and he agreed to take payments.
When our rotty passed last year, we got a sympathy card from our vet too and the place we always went to have him groomed asked for a picture to post on their bulletin board in remembrance. A lobsterman here once told us that you could have 2 people here that may be the worst of enemies, constantly trying to get at each other, but they would never dream of ever messing with the other person's dog. He said people in Maine really love their dogs.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:50 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Our vet was wonderful throughout our dogs illness and loss last year. She sent us a poem and a beautiful card. There's nothing like a dog, no matter what they're always glad to see you!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:08 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Seems the whole neighborhood decided to get outside for a walk this morning. There was a brand new mercedes van in our driveway, and many paused to give it "the once over". I got an inquiring call from next door just as the van left. My brother was up for a visit from "below the Volvo Line". Last time he was here it was his wife's new mercedes sedan. Guess I'm the "poor relation". I betcha by the time he hit the road the majority on the road knew who it was.
Was he stopped at the line?

Did he need a permit to cross?

I wasn't sure if they allow folks to openly cross over the line like that.

absit invidia

Old 03-19-2009, 07:21 PM

701 posts, read 1,083,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post

Sounds like you've got a great neighborhood watch program!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 PM

7 posts, read 16,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
I got asked that by a customer at work last month. I told him "not bad, pipes only froze once, and we got 'em thawed the next day."

He laughed, said something about how much a Maine response that was...
Had to laugh years ago when I told my girlfriend to leave the water dripping in the kitchen sink. I woke later to find in running over. Guess her dripping and my dripping are two different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine