Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 05:37 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,852,840 times

Advertisements

No matter how much people say they didn't like where they were, I think that they will miss it to some extent. Just human nature. There's a saying in the military: The the worst base is the one your at,the best base was the one you just left, and the only hope of future happiness is your next one.

You make suggestions based on past experience. If past experience is Philly then you make suggestions based on Philly. The problem is, we ain't Philly nor do we have the budget for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,136,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
No matter how much people say they didn't like where they were, I think that they will miss it to some extent. Just human nature. There's a saying in the military: The the worst base is the one your at,the best base was the one you just left, and the only hope of future happiness is your next one.

You make suggestions based on past experience. If past experience is Philly then you make suggestions based on Philly. The problem is, we ain't Philly nor do we have the budget for it.
You're right, but it's not the "suggestions" that get discussed rationally that I have a big beef with. I'm all for rational discourse and compromise. I think what roasts me the most, is when something is brought up, voted down, and then brought up again and again and again until it finally passes (usually by a few votes in June when no one's paying enough attention to go and vote - as is human nature).

I find that appalling personally. It's sneaky, underhanded, wrong, and childish that people with set agendas won't take "no" for an answer. Sighhhh...it's the curmudgeon in me I guess.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,852,840 times
I know what ya mean. Keep bringing things up untill you get the answer you want. I wonder how ew all lived this long with the little minds that we have. Oops..curmudgen comin out. we don't play the underhanded thing. Mostly upfront with our complaints.

If it sounds disconnected it's because I just spent 2 1/2 hours at the Pickled Herring tasting the IPA and crabcakes. That on top of the sacremental wine I had before DW bought my supper. Dang good though.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:07 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,181,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I don't think it would cost you any more. Assuming you buy fishing, hunting or trapping licenses for yourselves and the kids when they're 16 you don't need a boating license.
now that i read the article i see that.thanks for pointing it out.i wonder what tax is coming up next.i just washed my truck will they give me a clean tax or should i pay the tax for it being dirty.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:18 PM

722 posts, read 1,504,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
now that i read the article i see that.thanks for pointing it out.i wonder what tax is coming up next.i just washed my truck will they give me a clean tax or should i pay the tax for it being dirty.
The clean tax does not cover the silt recovery in a non sate approved vehicle cleansing station, unless it is a federal water recovery act sponsered with the aproval of the township under the exemption of a dirty tax rebate act of 08. I hope that clears that up.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:03 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,181,573 times
if they are going to tax the boat they should allso tax the paddles and life vest's.and the beer cooler.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 PM

722 posts, read 1,504,366 times
Quote:
if they are going to tax the boat they should allso tax the paddles and life vest's.and the beer cooler.
they do you need to attach the proper sticker to each paddle and life vest, and the beer cooler floats so that is a personal watercraft and need to registar that annually

Old 03-21-2009, 02:41 PM

467 posts, read 1,119,255 times
We had to register our rowboat last year...instead of rowing it, we use an electric trolling motor that we take back and forth with us. Marine Patrol says that counts as propulsion eventhough we never leave it in the boat.

Wonder if eating a can of beans would count as propulsion in the water?

Old 03-21-2009, 02:47 PM

37,229 posts, read 60,954,873 times
Quote:
Blasphemy!

You infidel you!

That is pure blasphemy!

Old 03-21-2009, 03:06 PM

6,613 posts, read 13,456,061 times
Quote:
They aren't taxing the boat. One boat, one tax - not good but not as bad. One boat, one license for every person required to have one use that one boat - ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine