U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 AM

411 posts, read 539,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Tonight's weather says Merry Freaking Christmas.
No kidding eh? I couldn't believe it when T came in last night and told me it was snowing! Here I am getting excited about the garden slowly showing itself, and it snows! Thankfully it didn't stick around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 AM

5,054 posts, read 7,682,394 times
37*? Really? We must be settling in quite well. I knew I'd flourish in this climate!

I'm sitting here with my backdoor and front kitchen window flung open, letting in the fresh air. It feels SO good! The birds are chirping like crazy, and my windchimes on the front porch are echoing the voice of the wind! I keep saying that it can't possibly get any better than this, knowing full well it's only just begun.

My plants in the flower bed on the front of the house have grown a good 6" since I cleaned the layer of leaves off of them last week. They're taking on a beautiful, deep red hue, twisting and twirling toward the sun. MW says they look like tulips and peonies. I can't wait to see what the blooms will look like! The flowering bushes that stand against the deck off my bedroom are full of tiny little buds. I'm not sure what they are, but I can tell they are going to be stunning when they blossom. My vegetable seed are in flats on stands under lights in my bedroom - the only room in the house I can usually keep all the kids and dog out of. I'm watching them closely for tiny, green peeps to start peering back at me!

We were gifted by the high tide a couple of days ago with a tree on our beach. It's a very pretty piece of wood. Part of it needs to be a bench of some sort. I'm eyeing it, trying to see it's finished form, so I can draw a diagram for Brad to start working on it.

Am I really here, or is this just a dream?
Attached Thumbnails
Spring is coming!-dsc_0011.jpg   Spring is coming!-dsc_0006.jpg  

Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,795,378 times
That peice of wood looks like a seagull to me.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 AM

7,703 posts, read 7,409,064 times
spring is sprung, the grass has rizz, i wonder where the flowers iz

Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 PM

227 posts, read 240,132 times
msina, you wax poetic!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:46 PM

10,113 posts, read 9,709,811 times
the loons came in today, the ducks and geese are already here (lake in front of the house)

two eagles came in close yesterday and the ice is totally gone!!!

spring is here, and what a night tonight is,,full moon and all!!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 801,889 times
Gorgeous moon! I wanted a good shot of it through the clouds and the trees, but my camera wasn't cooperating. We saw geese at the golf course and all kinds of things are shoving their way up through the dirt in the yard. In particular is this fuzzy green stuff that's spread everywhere! We didn't have that in the desert. Must be that stuff they call grass.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 PM

342 posts, read 363,731 times
Robins have already arrived up here, as well as the seagulls...I live up here in Fort Kent, and we have sea gulls. I wonder why they haven't evolved yet. I heard a song sparrow the other day too, as well as the chickadees testing out their spring song. The snow is melting fairly fast and our front yard is about 75% free of snow. Soon everything will open, and we will get that green we all look forward to.

Oh, need to change the locale, Casper.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:40 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,584,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
the loons came in today, the ducks and geese are already here (lake in front of the house)

two eagles came in close yesterday and the ice is totally gone!!!

spring is here, and what a night tonight is,,full moon and all!!

Oooooohhhh, ice out at MBM's house? Time for spring fishing! Have you had your son out there drowning worms yet?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 AM

4,098 posts, read 3,995,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
spring is sprung, the grass has rizz, i wonder where the flowers iz
In my flower bed, silly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine