U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:11 PM

4 posts, read 29,823 times
Default Tom Selleck in Jonesboro?

I just recently read that Tom Selleck has a summer home in Jonesboro. I grew up in Jonesboro, and it's a very small town and I can't believe I had never heard that before. Anyone know if its really true? It seems kinda iffy - every website I checked has the exact same wording, which leads me to believe they could have all copied the same false info. Also, as it's such a small town you'd think it would be pretty well known...even if he wanted it kept secret, people will talk. Maybe some lawyer who did the real estate deal, etc...

I figure either it's just made up, or he bought it on a whim and has never ever been there, or he visits it and stays totally secluded, or he comes under an assumed identity and wears a disguise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 02:44 PM

6,137 posts, read 7,810,855 times
Geesh. Don't tell anybody.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:59 PM

1,698 posts, read 2,040,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaroohk View Post
I just recently read that Tom Selleck has a summer home in Jonesboro. I grew up in Jonesboro, and it's a very small town and I can't believe I had never heard that before. Anyone know if its really true? It seems kinda iffy - every website I checked has the exact same wording, which leads me to believe they could have all copied the same false info. Also, as it's such a small town you'd think it would be pretty well known...even if he wanted it kept secret, people will talk. Maybe some lawyer who did the real estate deal, etc...

I figure either it's just made up, or he bought it on a whim and has never ever been there, or he visits it and stays totally secluded, or he comes under an assumed identity and wears a disguise.
I haven't heard anything, but I know that I did hear from good sources that some celeb's have homes in Bar Harbor.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:03 PM

2,917 posts, read 3,096,195 times
I did some searching with "Tom Selleck Maine home" and came up with quite a few hits saying he "maintaines a summer home in Joneboro, Maine". Not sure of all the reliability of the websites but they seem legit.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:28 PM

Yeah, almost all of them are worded the same way which seems a bit suspicious. Plus, where the hell would he put it? All the houses in Jonesboro are definitely not Tom Selleck's house...lol....

Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM

5,340 posts, read 9,114,417 times
I think it's hard to find info on it because that's the way he wants it (assuming he does have a home there). Most celebrities who buy homes in small remote areas do it to get away from it all and have some peace and quiet.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:13 PM

I can understand their need for privacy, but I just can't imagine something like that staying a secret. We're talking about a town of about 500 people, all of whom know each other and are mostly related somehow. Surely even confidential business dealings are going to get gossiped about. "Hey honey, you'd never guess who bought the old Whitney house on Oak Street...<hums magnum p.i. theme>..."

Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 PM
JC3

296 posts, read 454,064 times
Damn! Tommy called me and wanted to know how the secret got out. I guess I can tell it now.
He comes in on a sub and lands off the coast at night. He uses a rubber dinghy to come ashore where an old beat up ford pickup is waiting for him. Few scattered budweiser cans in the back and a gun rack in the rear window so he will not be noticed.

After he gets to his place, of which I can't disclose the actual location, he quickly changes his total appearance. He slicks his hair straight back, puts an earing in his ear, then bends his knees and straps his legs up behind him and walks on his knees. He has specially designed pants and shoe outfits that let him appear to be just a short guy.

No one knows him as Tommy, again I will not disclose the name he goes by. Now that the secret is out, we are in discussion as to whether he should just forget the disguise and mingle normally.

If he tells me more, I will pass it on.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:13 PM

2,133 posts, read 3,731,419 times
It's been rumored for years.

Many, MANY years ago (probably close to 20) I was stopped in Freeport to let a group cross the street and he was in that group. Hard to miss...

Old 04-15-2009, 07:57 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,180,674 times
Old, old rumor. There was a story in the Kennebec Journal a couple of years ago about celebrities summering in Maine, and the Tom Selleck story was pretty much debunked. Jonesboro is too small to keep something like that a secret. I think it started when he was spotted visiting in Maine years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine