Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:43 PM

227 posts, read 412,974 times

Advertisements

Grill hot dogs next time and call them Maineah's weinahs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,320,152 times
Wow.... two hour wait.
It must be a popular spot!

Old 06-01-2009, 12:25 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,565,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Wow.... two hour wait.
It must be a popular spot!
It's just the newness of the place I suspect. I have finally heard a few reviews and they were mixed. Some said their wings were cold, the ribs were under cooked etc. Opening week jitters maybe. I'll give them a couple of weeks before I try them out. I was a bit surprised to see they were closed on Sunday. No one closes on Sunday around here.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:09 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,320,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
It's just the newness of the place I suspect. I have finally heard a few reviews and they were mixed. Some said their wings were cold, the ribs were under cooked etc. Opening week jitters maybe. I'll give them a couple of weeks before I try them out. I was a bit surprised to see they were closed on Sunday. No one closes on Sunday around here.
Yesss those opening "shakes"....
I always try to wait not to go when it's new new
(with food).
Can be hard to say.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,793 times
Went there for the first time tonight... Greek salad was special (actually had stuffed grape leaves and LOTS of calamata olives). I am NOT a big wing fan for dinner so tried a pastrami sandwich... WAY too fatty. Almost no people on a Friday night at 7 pm... hummmm what does THAT say? I will give them ONE more shot because I live here, but that is it.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:05 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,428,338 times
We drove by a few nights ago on our way to Pat's Pizza, there wasn't one car in the parking lot. That gave me my first clue. Pat's on the other hand, has the best pizza in Maine!

Old 05-09-2010, 11:37 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,565,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
We drove by a few nights ago on our way to Pat's Pizza, there wasn't one car in the parking lot. That gave me my first clue. Pat's on the other hand, has the best pizza in Maine!
I wouldn't go out on that limb too far! I can think of at least 8 places off the top of my head that make much better pizza than Pats! The Pat's in Orono is still the best of that chain and the pizza at the Presque Isle Pats is much better than Yarmouth. We talked to the woman who runs the PI Pats inquiring as to why this was the case and she said they cut a few corners in Yarmouth that they don't do in the other Pats locations. Pat's is OK pizza but nothing to write home about. We go there on a rare occasion when we don't want anything special to eat and don't mind a loud crowded room. Noon is the best time to go to Pats in Yarmouth. .
All that Pat's stuff aside I have heard nothing good from anyone who has eaten at Binga's and we have steered clear of it. It amazes me how mismanaged the place is. It was closed on Sunday's during football season..I dunno....football...wings ....beer....more wings... and you close your wing place on Sunday??? I'd be willing to bet they fold up the Yarmouth Binga's soon. They have opened two other Binga's in the city since the Yarmouth one opened. I think it's just a matter of time.
I know... How about Bill's Home Style Sandwiches??? I really miss that place. Bill Kinsman should never have sold out to Binga's . He is very missed and there is virtually no place in Yarmouth to get a good reasonably priced sandwich anymore.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 21,744,776 times
I'm not a fan of Binga's in general. They took over the old "Stadium" venue on Congress street and now it's called, "Binga's Stadium." I think a sports bar and cheap wings are a match made in heaven so they'll do fine (it's like a less-tacky Hooters) over there.

However, does anyone know what's going to happen a the old location at Congress at Deering (link is to streetview... apparently they took the photos after the fire)? Are they just abandoning it since they have a new location just a few blocks away?

Oh, and for pizza... I really liked what Siano's does. They have a new location too, I believe. Bonobo in the West End wasn't bad either. I used to go there if I was working at Reiche School.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:34 PM

177 posts, read 408,150 times
Beer, wings, and football are meant for each other and if Binga's is closed on Sundays, count me out!

As for Pizza, I've only been to the Scarborough Pats Pizza, and it was mediocre at best. I've also tried Portland Pie Co, and that was just downright bad. yech. I do like Bonobo's. I also like Flatbread, but I have a hard time spending that much $$ on a pie. To be honest, we generally head to Whole Foods for pizza... great pizza and great prices.

I'm hungry

Old 05-14-2010, 09:13 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,793,747 times
I think the best pizza in the Portland area is Ricetti's, original location is in a tiny strip mall in South Portland near the mall and a newer one in a recent shopping developement on Rt 1 in Falmouth. They use a brick oven like American Flatbread. BTW the original American Flatbread is about a mile from me and is way better than the AF on Commercial St but being right on the water is pretty cool tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine