U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Midcoast Maine
4,913 posts, read 7,328,189 times
Reputation: 3181
Default Union Fair

We had a great time at the Union Fair today! The weather was perfect, and the fair itself was great. Not too big, not too small. Plus we tried Moxy for the first time. (Good heavens, EWWWWW... Our older daughter gagged, our younger one "sorta liked it, if the taste of cough medicine doesn't bother you".) There is a small Moxy exhibit set up, which was fun. It was so nice to go to a real county fair again. We haven't been to one since moving away from WI. Good times!

http://www.unionfair.org/index.cfm

Last edited by lovemaine; 08-27-2009 at 08:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 AM
Status: "You cant have any pudding if you dont eat you meat" (set 6 days ago)
 
10,736 posts, read 10,588,028 times
Reputation: 14552
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
We had a great time at the Union Fair today! The weather was perfect, and the fair itself was great. Not too big, not too small. Plus we tried Moxy for the first time. (Good heavens, EWWWWW... Our older daughter gagged, our younger one "sorta liked it, if the taste of cough medicine doesn't bother you".) There is a small Moxy exhibit set up, which was fun. It was so nice to go to a real county fair again. We haven't been to one since moving away from WI. Good times!

Welcome to the Union Fair
lol, on the moxie, my grandmother liked it, but i couldnt acquire a taste for it



as kids it was a thrill to attend the windsor fair! the rides and smell of fried dough in the air.

i do have a fond memory with the union fair, as a teenager, i went with a girl and they had a big hot air balloon, that they'd take you for a short ride.
it was awesome!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 06:36 AM
 
Location: on a dirt road in Waitsfield,Vermont
2,184 posts, read 4,157,932 times
Reputation: 1050
I like Moxie, not as sweet as the other sodas. Secondly, it's the only thing I can put in the fridge the kids and their friends won't drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 07:33 AM
 
8,748 posts, read 11,373,938 times
Reputation: 3406
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
I like Moxie, not as sweet as the other sodas. Secondly, it's the only thing I can put in the fridge the kids and their friends won't drink.
That's funny! I bought it for the same reason! I used to put it in the cooler on the boat. By the end of the day it was the only soda left. It could be 100 degrees out and the kids would sooner drink sea water than the Moxie.
Never been to the Union Fair. We make it up to Windsor on odd years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Deer Park, WA
722 posts, read 950,777 times
Reputation: 507
We went out to Union last month, nice area, and as for Moxie I did not love it but it was not bad, I could learn to love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 08:35 PM
 
Location: Midcoast Maine
4,913 posts, read 7,328,189 times
Reputation: 3181
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
lol, on the moxie, my grandmother liked it, but i couldnt acquire a taste for it



as kids it was a thrill to attend the windsor fair! the rides and smell of fried dough in the air.

i do have a fond memory with the union fair, as a teenager, i went with a girl and they had a big hot air balloon, that they'd take you for a short ride.
it was awesome!!
No hot air balloons this time, but the Flying Wallendas performed an acrobatics show. It was pretty good. The kids got wristbands for $18 for unlimited rides. Even though it wasn't a huge fair, it did keep us busy for an afternoon. Plus the fried dough: Yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2009, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Bangor Maine
3,439 posts, read 3,049,586 times
Reputation: 3823
We went to Union in late July for the Open Farm Days event. We visited "Sweetgrass" Winery. Who knew there would be one way out in the country. This winery doesn't use grapes but other Maine fruits. We brought home a bottle of blueberry wine. A Treat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 PM
 
102 posts, read 205,958 times
Reputation: 44
You have to acquire a taste for Moxie. It is unique! Drink it half a dozen times, and you will be hooked! IMO, it was a better drink 20 years ago, before they took some of the zing out of it. Its getting hard to find in the chain markets because the big soda bottlers are trying to close the little bottlers out, by buying rights to all the shelf space. I so hate big companies tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top