Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,181,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
The dogs flushed three partridge from under their (the partridge) favorite apple tree this morning. It's the first time I've seen three at once. They're alive and well. I'm thinking of them as breeding stock.
gona catch em and put em in the barn.you could start a whole new business MW'S partridge farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,327,755 times
And a Paaartridge in a greenhouse!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:51 AM

6,614 posts, read 13,457,325 times
Gees. If I did that I'd have to feed and clean up after them. That'd be like having another husband.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 PM

tomorrow is youth deer day.its my youngest's turn to go and hang out with me and maybe get a good size deer.i was talking with a friend of mine who has a tagging station .he was telling me that its 5 bucks to tag out this year and he only sees 1 dollar of it the state gets the rest.
the problem i have with this is.the money the state collects go's into the general fund.i think it should go into the IFWL fund.but the morons that run the state think every dime they collect should go to the general fund.whats your thoughts on this.if its sports related should the money go to inland fishery and wild life?

Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,327,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Gees. If I did that I'd have to feed and clean up after them. That'd be like having another husband.
LMAO!!!!!!! Didn't think of that.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:42 PM

6,614 posts, read 13,457,325 times
Some of you followed my first attempt at deer hunting last year. DH felt bad because I put a lot of effort into it and didn't even see a deer unless it was dark or Sunday. If I don't get one this year it won't be because HE hasn't done his best. He bought me everything he thinks I should have. I don't think he leaves a sporting goods store without buying something for me. No pressure.

I posted a pic a while ago of the stand I used on the last day last year and will use opening week this year. DH was up there a week or so ago to watch the deer and realized that I'm too short to sit in the seat and shoot out the window comfortably. He took this afternoon off and met my turkey hunting partner, P, and they made a new seat for me. Isn't that sweet? AND, they cut a piece of carpet to fit the floor of the stand because I said I was cold when the wind blew up through the grate last year. AND as if that weren't enough, P will put a propane heater in to keep me warmer before I get there. I'm so spoiled! Do you think it's too much to ask for a porta potty? (I'm kidding!) If I'd known hunting could be this comfy cozy I'd have started a long time ago.

No pressure now, right? If you don't hear from me from November 2 on, just assume I'm safe and sound, warm and cozy and not coming down out of that stand until I get my deer because gees...no pressure! I'm excited! Maybe this year I'll really get to do it!

A friend's 16 yo grandson shot a 467 pound black bear the week before last.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 PM

well folks its 12:34am and i cant sleep.I'm taking my youngest out for youth day in the morning .
and i gota be honest with ya I'm nerves.not worried nervous but excited nervous.
he is sleeping like a log snorin away and I'm sweatin bullets.he has turned a corner (a right of passage).he is growing up.i will let you know tomorrow what happens.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:36 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,136,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
well folks its 12:34am and i cant sleep.I'm taking my youngest out for youth day in the morning .
and i gota be honest with ya I'm nerves.not worried nervous but excited nervous.
he is sleeping like a log snorin away and I'm sweatin bullets.he has turned a corner (a right of passage).he is growing up.i will let you know tomorrow what happens.

Good luck to you! My DS was up with a painful ear infection last night. I got up this morning and he was off and running with the hunting party.

Can't keep a good hunter down.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,039,916 times
reloop I hope he has a great day out there!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:24 PM

OK we are back and didn't see a thing.i have to tell ya as excited as i was last night it started to suck around 11:00 we were soaked to the bone.39 deg and Raine made for a crappy day.but he was a trooper he stayed out as long as he could.if he would have asked i would have stayed out all day even though i was wet.now he is drinking some hot chocolate trying to warm up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine