Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:35 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,578,554 times

Advertisements

I'm jealous. The pig is still sneering at me, while I apply the lipstick! I had a customer in today who has a center console Boston Whaler for sale. He'll hold onto it until Spring for me. I have to make the time to get out on the Lake, really. I always wanted a Whaler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 08:29 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHB View Post
Who's dealing them?
I have three decks talking and laughing. I know one's staying and kind of expect to find the other on the couch in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
ok, is that literally or figuratively? cause if it's literally I'm well enough to attend a bonfire!! honest I am!
We have duct tape and rope. Sit back down.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:17 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I have three decks talking and laughing. I know one's staying and kind of expect to find the other on the couch in the morning.

We have duct tape and rope. Sit back down.
Don't make me come over there.. oh wait you couldn't stop me from that if you wanted to.. only 4 more days. El, I'll bring my hot glue gun for a duct tape re-enforcer.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 AM

333 posts, read 873,621 times
Default Labor Day Weekend

The weather has been so good, we decided not to close up camp but take a little roadtrip to the coast instead. My wife hates large bridges ,high places and on a whale watch trip, she clung to the bow like the seagulls on the Cat commercial. She surprised me going to the Verona Bridge Observatory this weekend. Even I was a little quesey when the elevator doors opened on top of that thing Quite a view. Was kind of hard to shoot photos because of the glass reflection and I didn't offer to venture outside to do the windows Might make another trip there this fall, the scenery should be special. The people at Fort Knox were fantastic and the renovations are very noteworthy

Old 09-08-2009, 12:26 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbets View Post
The weather has been so good, we decided not to close up camp but take a little roadtrip to the coast instead. My wife hates large bridges ,high places and on a whale watch trip, she clung to the bow like the seagulls on the Cat commercial. She surprised me going to the Verona Bridge Observatory this weekend. Even I was a little quesey when the elevator doors opened on top of that thing Quite a view. Was kind of hard to shoot photos because of the glass reflection and I didn't offer to venture outside to do the windows:o Might make another trip there this fall, the scenery should be special. The people at Fort Knox were fantastic and the renovations are very noteworthy
Funny you mention that . The folks from away that bought the camp next to ours in South Freeport were trying to take pictures of the rising full moon from inside their camp through the windows with a flash camera. They were not successful.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,340,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Funny you mention that . The folks from away that bought the camp next to ours in South Freeport were trying to take pictures of the rising full moon from inside their camp through the windows with a flash camera. They were not successful.
How did they turn out? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!) It's just one of those things most people don't think about. If you can see through the window, you should be able to take a picture of what you see, right? Too bad it doesn't work that way. I've been experimenting with getting a good pic of the moon rise. I got some beautiful shots of the fireworks during the International Festival. If I can get good shots of fireworks, I aught to be able to get good pics of the moon.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:19 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,411 times
Turn off the flash, and set the digital camera to lens aperture priority. If you can see it, a good digital camera can too, just turn off the automatic settings. This I learned after 3 years with my present digital camera. Big learning curve I guess! Just hold the camera steady when using manual settings.

Plus the digital camera software that came with the camera can correct 90% of boneheaded errors (by the user).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine