Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 08:59 AM

37,250 posts, read 61,001,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
It has not been around long enough to draw any conclusion. It still sounds like a lot of hooey to me. Could it be the people getting the early flu shots are more susceptible to the flu in general as they are the ones in the higher risk groups?? ...
It is my understanding that each year the 'first' to get each new vaccine is the US military.

200,000 people mostly between 18 and 24 years of age, required to take every shot known to man, and form the beginning database of their reactions to each shot, along with their reactions from placebo shots.

During my career, I witnessed many drugs and vaccines being tested.

Quote:
... I would not follow the word of the Canadian CDC over the suggestions of the US CDC. My brother got the seasonal flu shot and THAT made him sick so how does that fit in the equation. No matter what you do you are taking a chance. If you get the seasonal shot you might still get the H1N1 before that vaccine is widely available. The vaccine itself may make you sick. They reported on the news tonight the nasal version of the H1N1 vaccine is a health risk to people with bad livers, kidneys, lungs and pregnant women and they should wait for the shots to come out! Who knows! It's really nice to have ten different sources give people ten different answers.
We were always told with every vaccine shot that we should expect 48 - 72 hours of fevers and flu-like symptoms as our bodies fought off the disease after being induced by the vaccines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 08:26 AM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,141,226 times
I'm tired of rain....

Just thought I'd share

Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,419,687 times
The bay is really lovely this morning RHB... whitecaps and foggy, misting... really moody. It's mesmerizing.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,629,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHB View Post
I'm tired of rain....

Just thought I'd share
Don't worry... it will be solid and white soon enough!

Old 10-07-2009, 10:28 AM

264 posts, read 755,521 times
Wish us luck!!! We have a showing on our house at 4:30pm!

When I told my almost 5 year old daughter, we gotta clean up the house because people are coming to look at it to see if they'd want to buy it... her reply was "GOOD, maybe they'll buy it from us and we can finally move to our Maine house and never come back to our house in New Jersey again!"

She's very excited to move to Maine LOL. However, we would still be visiting NJ.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 AM

1,816 posts, read 3,375,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2ME View Post
Wish us luck!!! We have a showing on our house at 4:30pm!

When I told my almost 5 year old daughter, we gotta clean up the house because people are coming to look at it to see if they'd want to buy it... her reply was "GOOD, maybe they'll buy it from us and we can finally move to our Maine house and never come back to our house in New Jersey again!"

She's very excited to move to Maine LOL. However, we would still be visiting NJ.
Here is a site that your daughter may like about Maine (all other states too).

Although, my son is now 21 and I can't recall what age a child can get on the computer. Perhaps 5 is too young? Forgive my ignorance.

Maine: Facts, Map and State Symbols - EnchantedLearning.com

Old 10-07-2009, 11:28 AM
RHB

Good Luck

Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 AM
RHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Don't worry... it will be solid and white soon enough!
At least the white is bright, and the sun shines Can't even get a good picture of our beautiful fall trees with all this overcasty rainy stuff

Old 10-07-2009, 08:09 PM

37,250 posts, read 61,001,894 times
We just got a call from a friend, a mutual friend's house and barn have burned down. It sounds like they are taken care of, but they are concerned about getting homes for their chickens.

70 chickens; reds, rocks, arracanas, an assortment.

They would like $1 each for them.

My coops are full, I can not take anymore.

Does anyone else want any?

They are in Lincoln - Kingman area.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:04 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,493,198 times
NJ2ME, how cute.. out of the mouths of babes!

Forest, sorry to hear about your friends. I'm assuming that no one was hurt, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine