Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:34 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,556,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
its not my fault i have a chemical imbalance that makes me blurt out stupid things.
I know my blood alcohol level gets low from time to time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 11:11 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,567,056 times
Quote:
im going to answer the questions in the order they were asked.
1.hows the scene in washington.(its nice with the trees and the fishing the people.)
2.tree huggers and hippie's (yes they are real seen em huggin trees smoken the dope drinkin grass tea.)
3.dont know about the trust fund.
4.is there rednecks.(yup dam straight world couldn't survive with out them.)
5.how do the locals feel about transplants.(we love em they taste like chicken,but every now and then you get one that tastes like s!@#.nothin better than a transplant roast with BBQ sauce on an open fire.)
6.is maine for real.(no maine dont exist your having a dream about a wonderful state but im sorry to tell you we are not really here.)
Now that's funny right there....I don't care who you are that's funny.....

Old 09-25-2009, 11:12 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,567,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
You're lucky you didn't freeze to death!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:08 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,181,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
i think there is a required level you are supposed to maintain in maine to keep from freezing i think maineah has the weight to ratio chart.the scene around here is to drink till your back dont hurt any more .

Old 09-25-2009, 01:44 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,556,541 times
Quote:
i think there is a required level you are supposed to maintain in maine to keep from freezing i think maineah has the weight to ratio chart.the scene around here is to drink till your back dont hurt any more .
Ol' #7, granny's cure for the rheumatis.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:08 PM

the real maine scene.
maine is a great state with great people we are blunt and to the point but we will help any one out who is in need.but dont take advantage because you could find your self all alone.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:46 AM

6,613 posts, read 13,456,061 times
Quote:
the real maine scene.
maine is a great state with great people we are blunt and to the point but we will help any one out who is in need.but dont take advantage because you could find your self all alone.
It's important to remember that blunt and to the point doesn't mean negative. When we can say something in 10 words we probably aren't going to do it in 25 to make it warm and fuzzy. Assume the best and that's most likely what you'll get.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:49 AM

1,461 posts, read 4,851,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Caldwell View Post
Well THERE Pam. I guess you said what was on your mind.
People are people, no matter where, like my city kids and my country kids. Great post. I guess we all forget ourselves once in a while. Another quote I like is "he is what he is." when you get acquainted with someone, there he is. If you have a girlfriend who is full of bad streaks that don't match your habits, you might keep her and just sigh and say "she is what she is."
I just gave you a good post rating, Pam.
Thanks Deborah: I guess I just get tired of folks of all races, colors, creeds, residences, states, countries being bashed. Fact of the matter is that there are good and bad in all places, weird and strange in all places and we are all odd balls in our own right. I had an issue not too long ago with someone making a derrogatory statement about Puerto Ricans. Well, my niece is married to a Puerto Rican guy and they have two of the most beautiful children ever. My niece is a beautiful red head with green eyes and her husband is dark haired and dark eyed. The children are soooo pretty and look mostly like the husband with one having my nieces fair skin. I simply could not understand the bigotry. Both of these young people graduated with honors from college and are teachers in our local school system. They own a gorgeous home and are excellent parents.

Although living in Maine was part of the agony I went through as a young adult, i.e., being married to my ex and being so far from home, it was also the most beautiful part of my life as well. I call it the "Agony and the Extacy" (sp?). How could such a beautiful place to live make me so sad all the time??

I truly want people from Maine to know that not all city slickers are walking around with two heads living to make fun of Mainers..just isn't true. We are all here in the city struggling to survive just like they are and probably half of us don't have the survival instincts that Mainers do in order to do just that survive. A good friend of ours in right now on the verge of foreclosure, losing his vehicles, having his water shut off by the city, power shut down...and just what is he going to do for work? Who knows..he surely can't hire on with a farmer, live off his land, or work in the woods. So, we too have our issues just like folks in Maine do only the neighbors down here just don't care..they don't trust each other enough to care.

Thanks again for "getting it" and hopefully more people will. As this recession proceeds further, we are all going to need each other beyond the borders of the states and should learn how to reach out more.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,136,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
It's important to remember that blunt and to the point doesn't mean negative. When we can say something in 10 words we probably aren't going to do it in 25 to make it warm and fuzzy. Assume the best and that's most likely what you'll get.

Excellent point.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
i can be warm and fuzzy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine