Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 06:09 AM

44 posts, read 78,457 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone
just want to let you all know that I and my daughter will be in Presque Isle sometime Sunday! We are very excited! So if you see a little green Neon with SC plates it is probably me! We will be driving around the area looking for rentals and seeing the sights. I guess from the recent weather we need to bring warm clothes, maybe a jacket. It is still in the 80s here during the day, people wearing shorts. My son wants to know what kinds of things we will need to get for the winter, such as sleds etc. What are the winter essentials for living?

I checked out the tires on my SUV. They are Trail A/P All Season. Will these be okay for driving or will I need something else? Also winter reviews were good for Rodeo. Read that it performs very well in deep snow.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 06:58 AM

85 posts, read 184,429 times
All seasons on 4wd is all one wll need to survive a winter here! Good luck!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,655,778 times
My brother drove a Neon for years here in Maine. He ran all season radials but he also had a 4x4 truck to take out on the really snowy days. You'll know soon enough if your tires are good enough for the snow. Just take it easy until you figure it out. VIP in Presque Isle can fix you up with some studded snow tires if you feel unsafe .

Old 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM

Hi
The Neon belongs to my daughter, she is just driving up with me but she lives here in SC and does not want to relocate since she is in college here. I and my 2 sons, age 13 and 25 will be moving up though. I drive a Rodeo SUV 4wd.

Just heard from the realty guy about the house I am interested in. He said its still available, I guess the guy that looked at it yesterday decided it did not suit his needs so I may be in luck with a house! It is the one in fort Fairfield on Riverside Ave E. Wish I had some pics of the house but he does not have any right now.

Is there a good clothing store nearby where we can purchase winter coats and stuff that is resonably priced? We have not needed heavy winter clothing till now.

Thanks everyone

Old 09-17-2009, 03:03 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,655,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verenda View Post
Hi
The Neon belongs to my daughter, she is just driving up with me but she lives here in SC and does not want to relocate since she is in college here. I and my 2 sons, age 13 and 25 will be moving up though. I drive a Rodeo SUV 4wd.

Just heard from the realty guy about the house I am interested in. He said its still available, I guess the guy that looked at it yesterday decided it did not suit his needs so I may be in luck with a house! It is the one in fort Fairfield on Riverside Ave E. Wish I had some pics of the house but he does not have any right now.

Is there a good clothing store nearby where we can purchase winter coats and stuff that is resonably priced? We have not needed heavy winter clothing till now.

Thanks everyone
You'll be fine with all season on the 4x4 as atardie stated. There is a Cabela's in Scarborough you could stop at on your way up the turnpike. I think it's at exit 42. They have a real good selection of winter clothing and their prices are reasonable. Of course there is also LL Bean in Freeport.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:40 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,188,203 times
if you are on a tight budget, there is a huge marden's in presque isle, look around, they are a discount department store- check on gloves, heavy socks, boots, etc, ice scraper for the windshield, even jackets, they will soon have sleds,

Old 09-18-2009, 05:02 AM

There is Wal mart Kmart mardens and the like in PI No worries! Just 29 degrees here yesterday morning! Fall is here!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 AM

Sounds awesome! Fall especially! I can't wait to get there! My son is really excited and was asking me this am about the schools. He was amazed that only about 370 students attend the middle/high school. He has been talking about shovelling snow and our first white Christmas ever! My daughter is taking a photograpy class at Tech and her professor told her to make sure she takes planty of pics to show the class and I'm sure we will. Are the leaves changing yet? I imagine they will start very soon after the freeze. When does the first snow usually fall? I know, I have so many questions!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:49 AM

The leaves have started to change and the "first snow" can come from mid Oct. to late Dec. depending on the year. Usually staying snow is Nov. anytime. Remember we average 112 inches of snow per season...so he will have all the shoveling he will want!!! White Christmas is the best!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:38 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,889,352 times
There is always online shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine