U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,404,231 times

Advertisements

I shot a chipmumk and a red squirrel today. I wasn't hunting and I'm not bragging,but having these critters in my attic all winter drives me nuts!
Nothing like having to listen to chipmunks digging between the walls all winter to make you want to "thin them out" before an new winter sets in.
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do in Maine regardless of popular sentiment. Have-a -heart traps do not work!! You must snuff out the colony or they will inundate you. Feel free to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 PM

2,059 posts, read 3,709,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I shot a chipmumk and a red squirrel today. I wasn't hunting and I'm not bragging,but having these critters in my attic all winter drives me nuts!
Nothing like having to listen to chipmunks digging between the walls all winter to make you want to "thin them out" before an new winter sets in.
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do in Maine regardless of popular sentiment. Have-a -heart traps do not work!! You must snuff out the colony or they will inundate you. Feel free to vent.
lucky sombi@#$ i didn't get to shoot any thing today.but i will tomorrow.
them havahart traps make it easier to shoot them.iv have them in side the walls and ceiling drives me nuts you just wana blow a hole in the wall reach in and grab the lil @#$% and choke it to death.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 PM

258 posts, read 350,637 times
Yeah a customer that aggravated me, and then one of those folks that sell things over the phone....

Old 10-14-2009, 09:39 PM

21,338 posts, read 7,495,368 times
I got those ultrasound things at the hardware store and plugged them into the sockets in my camper; and bought the square chunks of mouse bait. Put the mouse bait into the two areas I found poop in last trip here. Well, baits gone and there's not a peep of a squeaking mouse, chipmunk, or squirrel to be found. Not one pitter patter of dirty rotten rodent feet running overhead in my ceiling tonight.

Shootin' 'em is fine by me, but if you're having a hard time getting rid of all of them, you might want to invest in those ultrasound thingamajigs and some bait for back-up.

Maineah, are ya havin' fried chipmunk and eggs ovah light for breakfast tomorrow?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:11 AM

2,777 posts, read 7,104,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Did you shoot them while IN your house? I have a friend that did. Doubles as a home remodeling project!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:20 AM

6,042 posts, read 11,387,426 times
It's notable when we don't shoot something. *^&@!!! raccoons.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:59 AM

3,637 posts, read 5,380,746 times
Vermin outside, perfectly fine. Inside? Nasty. We dispatch them regardless of how "cute" they are. Once they get in, they will continue to get in and spread filth and stench.

Nothing "cute" about that!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 5,972,266 times
Plug the holes that let then in.....it's not rocket science

Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 AM

7,728 posts, read 11,006,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
Sometimes it's hard to find the spot they get in by, a mouse can slip in through a coin slot I think.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:04 AM

3,231 posts, read 6,650,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
They often don't leave a note describing how they've entered the house, whether it was through a roof vent or slipped between the foundation and the stucture of the house. Maybe we should teach them to be less scientific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or